Oshkosh questions

Old February 21st 05, 11:12 PM
Morgans

"Montblack" wrote

Steaks - in single serving portions, (BS) chicken breasts, pre-cooked

brats.
No burgers this year. I will bring some pre-cooked sloppy joes to be

heated
for the round bun crowd.

Pig? I'm open. Whatever the consensus of the group turns out to be.

Monster grill - you bet.

(The bottle of wine was fun last year - forgot who brought it)

Montblack

One of the beauties of the MOAG, is that it has two separate sides. Pig on
one, steaks and brats and chicken on the other side.
--
Jim in NC

Old February 22nd 05, 02:59 AM
John Theune

Ron Natalie wrote:
Montblack wrote:

Ron also did a great job of burger flip'n last year.

Lets just remember the corkscrew this time. Those tie down screws
don't work well on the wine bottle.

But we got it done!
Old February 22nd 05, 03:08 AM
Morgans

"John Theune" wrote in message
Ron Natalie wrote:
Montblack wrote:

Ron also did a great job of burger flip'n last year.

Lets just remember the corkscrew this time. Those tie down screws
don't work well on the wine bottle.

But we got it done!

Shoot, I didn't know you had a problem involving the need for a type of
tool. I had enough tools (lacking one) to change a transmission in the
middle of a field, just a couple hundred yards away. I'm sure I could have
managed to get a cork out of a bottle! VBG
--
Jim in NC
P.S. I could have done it without the other too, but I'll not talk about

Old February 22nd 05, 03:47 AM
Jay Honeck

Ah, Jay is the culprit. Curse those darn aviation theme motel
proprietors. How come they never consult with your schedule? :-)

Nope, EAA is the culprit. By moving the whole danged show schedule up, we
had to move the party up a day -- and *poof* -- there went Jim's entire
week!

Once Jim is elected Grand Poobah of the EAA, I trust he will immediately
rectify this problem.

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old February 22nd 05, 03:50 AM
Jay Honeck

One of the beauties of the MOAG, is that it has two separate sides. Pig
on
one, steaks and brats and chicken on the other side.

Wow. This just gets better and better!

Now if only we can figure a way to get it parked at our campsite (so that
we're not running two miles back and forth to the Explorer Scouts
campground, depending on where we get parked) for Wednesday, I think we've
got this party in the bag!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old February 22nd 05, 03:53 AM
Jay Honeck

If you're concerned about getting a camping/parking spot, plan to arrive
right after the airshow ends. The field is closed for the airshow, then
they open it up for departures, then arrivals. The departures, of course,
leave empty parking and camping spots. Read the NOTAM for timing
information (and then re-read it, and re-read it ...).

This is excellent information, but bewa Right after the airshow is often
peak arrival time. You may be cheek-by-jowl with more airplanes than you've
ever seen, so practice your slow flight and spot landings.

Personally, I try to arrive mid-morning. This time seems to be something of
a lull, although it's STILL landing with more planes than I see anywhere
else.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old February 22nd 05, 06:23 AM
Morgans

"Jay Honeck" wrote

Now if only we can figure a way to get it parked at our campsite (so that
we're not running two miles back and forth to the Explorer Scouts
campground, depending on where we get parked) for Wednesday, I think we've
got this party in the bag!
--
Jay Honeck

One way or the other, we *will* eat good. It'll all work out. Every -pig-
has to find and acorn, every once in a while. ducking and running
--
Jim in NC

Old February 22nd 05, 06:57 AM
Jack Allison

Jay Honeck wrote:

Nope, EAA is the culprit. By moving the whole danged show schedule up, we
had to move the party up a day -- and *poof* -- there went Jim's entire
week!

My bad... :-)

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL-IA Student-Arrow Shopping Student

you will always long to return"
- Leonardo Da Vinci

Old February 22nd 05, 02:09 PM
Ron Natalie

Morgans wrote:

Shoot, I didn't know you had a problem involving the need for a type of
tool. I had enough tools (lacking one) to change a transmission in the
middle of a field, just a couple hundred yards away. I'm sure I could have
managed to get a cork out of a bottle! VBG

Margy didn't have to ask too many campers before she found someone with
a corkscrew to join the party.
Old February 22nd 05, 09:52 PM
Morgans

"Ron Natalie" wrote

Margy didn't have to ask too many campers before she found someone with
a corkscrew to join the party.

chuckle I'll bet not!
--
Jim in NC