Pondering G430W upgrade...

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 22nd 08, 12:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Doug Vetter

Default Pondering G430W upgrade...

All,

I'm still on the fence about doing the 430W upgrade. Money is tight as
always and I certainly haven't set the logbook on fire in the last couple
of years for various reasons. The upgrade is scheduled for late May and
I have the option of bailing on it without penalty, but at 50% off
current pricing it's a hard thing to turn down.

The most important thing to me is that it does not destabilize what I
consider to be the finest and most reliable navigational device I've ever
used. I've flown with the 430 in all weather...rain, snow, ice, etc. and
it's never failed to give me the course to fly.

I browsed Google groups but didn't really find any concise reviews of the
430W upgrade with the latest V3.0 software installed by service bulletin
740. Can anyone who has upgraded their box in the last few months and
shot some LPV approaches (translated: someone with real-world experience)
give a mini review?

I guess what I'm looking for is the simple acknowledgment that the box
actually does what is promised and doesn't have any critical bugs (BSOD,
etc.)

Thanks,

Doug Vetter, ATP/CFI
http://www.dvatp.com/

No 396 to 496 Upgrade Mike Granby Piloting 7 July 21st 06 07:28 PM
upgrade [email protected] Soaring 0 November 3rd 05 04:20 PM
upgrade G.A. Seguin Soaring 1 October 29th 04 06:08 AM
Lightspeed: Upgrade 25XL w/Cell Adaptor or Upgrade to 30 3G Andrew Gideon Piloting 9 August 20th 04 08:36 AM
Lightspeed: Upgrade 25XL w/Cell Adaptor or Upgrade to 30 3G Andrew Gideon Products 9 August 20th 04 08:36 AM