What Bugs You The Most?

Old August 19th 03, 05:47 AM
Charles Talleyrand

Default What Bugs You The Most?

Of course everyone thinks their plane is wonderful, but every plane has at least
one annoying 'feature'. I don't want to hear about cabin width or cruise speed,
but that minor gremlin you would fix if money was free and time replaceable.

In my plane, the overflow vent vents too much and full tanks cause it to
drip. Yes, I know how to fix it, and probably will next annual, but right now
it bugs me.

Old August 19th 03, 11:40 AM
Ray Andraka

cabin leaks and corrosion.

Mike wrote:

Cabin vents that don't close completely.

--Mike

--
--Ray Andraka, P.E.
401/884-7930 Fax 401/884-7950

-Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Old August 19th 03, 12:49 PM
Bob Noel

In article , "Charles Talleyrand"
wrote:

Of course everyone thinks their plane is wonderful, but every plane has
at least
one annoying 'feature'. I don't want to hear about cabin width or cruise
speed,
but that minor gremlin you would fix if money was free and time
replaceable.

lack of instrument panel lights.

the seat is just a little too low.

--
Bob Noel
Old August 19th 03, 01:52 PM
Steve Robertson

If your plane is a Cessna 150/152, you will never get that fixed. They all do it and
there's no way to stop it short of redesigning the fuel system.

For me, mine has an odd cold starting gremlin. (Lycoming IO-360) It will rarely
start the first time, no matter how long I run the starter or how long I prime it
with the aux pump. However, it will start on the 2nd blade every time the second
time I run the starter. Weird.

Best regards,

Steve Robertson
N4732J 1967 Beechcraft Musketeer Super III

Old August 19th 03, 04:18 PM
Dale

wrote:

but that minor gremlin you would fix if money was free and time

The one thing I'd like to fix (and all it would take is some money) is that my
airplane now belongs to someone else.

--
Dale L. Falk

There is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing
as simply messing around with airplanes.

http://home.gci.net/~sncdfalk/flying.html
Old August 20th 03, 04:25 AM

On our Arrow (as on all of the larger 4-place Cherokee-derived airframes)
with the baggage door secured in the open position it is awkward, and
possibly even dangerous, to use the wing walk for entry and egress. IMHO
the baggage door should be on the other side of the plane.

-Elliott Drucker
Old August 20th 03, 06:09 AM
Mike

wrote in message
On our Arrow (as on all of the larger 4-place Cherokee-derived airframes)
with the baggage door secured in the open position it is awkward, and
possibly even dangerous, to use the wing walk for entry and egress. IMHO
the baggage door should be on the other side of the plane.

-Elliott Drucker

That really is annoying how the open door basically blocks the hand hold...
but i've always thought of it as a safety feature. Can't easily forget
about the door if it's blocking you on the way up.

--Mike

Old August 20th 03, 02:30 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Charles Talleyrand wrote:

Of course everyone thinks their plane is wonderful, but every plane has at least
one annoying 'feature'. I don't want to hear about cabin width or cruise speed,
but that minor gremlin you would fix if money was free and time replaceable.

In my plane, the fuel will syphon out the vents if you fill the tanks to the
top. There's no tab showing the maximum safe fuel level. I have to caution any
line person to leave about 1.5" air space, but a lot of them are like gas
station attendants - they want to cram in as much as they can. It makes one a
bit nervous taxiing for takeoff with a stream of 100LL pouring from the bottom
of a wing.

George Patterson
Brute force has an elegance all its own.