JFK

Old November 14th 03, 03:38 PM
Big John

Default JFK

40 years ago today I was ferrying a F-89J from the Maine Air Guard at
Bangor, ME to the Oregon Air Guard at Portland OR. Chugging along at
20K, keeping under the big jet stream blowing east, I was about 150
out of Oklahoma City, my next refueling stop, when ATC came up on
frequency and announced that President Kennedy had been shot in Dallas
and was dead.

May he rest in peace.

Big John
Old November 14th 03, 04:57 PM
Jay Honeck

May he rest in peace.

Amen, brother. I was a five-year old lad, glued to our black & white,
3-channel TV, wondering why all the adults around me were crying...

One of the scariest experiences of my childhood.

As an aside, the event also marked the genesis of our current presidential
"security" headaches.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old November 14th 03, 05:08 PM
Charles

40 years ago today I was ferrying a F-89J from the Maine Air Guard at
Bangor, ME to the Oregon Air Guard at Portland OR. Chugging along at
20K, keeping under the big jet stream blowing east, I was about 150
out of Oklahoma City, my next refueling stop, when ATC came up on
frequency and announced that President Kennedy had been shot in Dallas
and was dead.

May he rest in peace.

Big John

And the sad historical footnote is that we still don't know who really did
it.

Old November 14th 03, 05:13 PM
Tony Cox

40 years ago today I was ferrying a F-89J from the Maine Air Guard at
Bangor, ME to the Oregon Air Guard at Portland OR. Chugging along at
20K, keeping under the big jet stream blowing east, I was about 150
out of Oklahoma City, my next refueling stop, when ATC came up on
frequency and announced that President Kennedy had been shot in Dallas
and was dead.

May he rest in peace.

Big John

40 years ago this week I was a young lad in England excitedly
waiting for the 2nd episode of Dr. Who on the BBC. Kennedy's
death and funeral changed all the schedules and delayed the
broadcast for a week. One week is an awfully long time to an
8-year-old.

I've harbored a simmering resentment of the Kennedy clan ever
since, and now vote against them and their Democrat friends
whenever I get the chance. Revenge is sweet.

--
Dr. Tony Cox
Citrus Controls Inc.

Old November 14th 03, 05:25 PM
Cecil E. Chapman

I normally wouldn't have replied to this thread, but when I saw your post it
made me smile.

I've never understood the reverence for JFK, his infidelity made Clinton
look like a abstinent monk. The actions in a similar vein half made me
dislike the clan more and more. Heck, a Kennedy can drown or even murder a
woman and still get off. They are reprehensible, certainly not worthy of
reverence.

Good Flights!

Cecil E. Chapman, Jr.
PP-ASEL

"We who fly do so for the love of flying.
We are alive in the air with this miracle
that lies in our hands and beneath our feet"

- Cecil Day Lewis-

Check out my personal flying adventures: www.bayareapilot.com
.net...

Old November 14th 03, 05:25 PM
Ron Natalie

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message news:aQ7tb.198935$Tr4.569143@attbi_s03...
May he rest in peace.

Amen, brother. I was a five-year old lad, glued to our black & white,
3-channel TV, wondering why all the adults around me were crying...

One of the scariest experiences of my childhood.

What I couldn't understand was why they kept digging him up again (they
showed the funeral many times on TV, I hadn't quite gotten the concept
of film/videotape down at that age).

Old November 14th 03, 05:26 PM
Ron Natalie

"Tony Cox" wrote in message .net...

I've harbored a simmering resentment of the Kennedy clan ever
since, and now vote against them and their Democrat friends
whenever I get the chance. Revenge is sweet.

Watch out or we'll send the Daleks after you.

Old November 14th 03, 05:29 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Big John" wrote in message

40 years ago today I was ferrying a F-89J from the Maine Air Guard at
Bangor, ME to the Oregon Air Guard at Portland OR. Chugging along at
20K, keeping under the big jet stream blowing east, I was about 150
out of Oklahoma City, my next refueling stop, when ATC came up on
frequency and announced that President Kennedy had been shot in Dallas
and was dead.

May he rest in peace.

Today is November 14, 2003. JFK was shot and killed on November 22, 1963.

Old November 14th 03, 05:53 PM
Jay Honeck

Today is November 14, 2003. JFK was shot and killed on November 22, 1963.

Uh-oh; you blew his cover. Big John was actually flying one of those
experimental warp-drive F-89Js -- the kind with hyper-drive. He hit a worm
hole, and messed up his space/time reference. For HIM it happened on the
14th.

Prolly why they never continued the testing program beyond the prototype...

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old November 14th 03, 06:00 PM
Michael 182

What does infidelity have to do with his legacy? Do you disdain Franklin
Roosevelt, Woodrow Wilson and Dwight Eisenhower as well? In fact, if you run
down the founding fathers John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, Ben Franklin and
Alexander Hamilton have all been accused of being adulterers. Who cares?

"Cecil E. Chapman" wrote in message
om...
I normally wouldn't have replied to this thread, but when I saw your post

it
made me smile.

I've never understood the reverence for JFK, his infidelity made Clinton
look like a abstinent monk. The actions in a similar vein half made me
dislike the clan more and more. Heck, a Kennedy can drown or even murder

woman and still get off. They are reprehensible, certainly not worthy of
reverence.

Good Flights!

Cecil E. Chapman, Jr.
PP-ASEL

"We who fly do so for the love of flying.
We are alive in the air with this miracle
that lies in our hands and beneath our feet"

- Cecil Day Lewis-

Check out my personal flying adventures: www.bayareapilot.com
.net...