JFK

Old November 14th 03, 06:04 PM
Tony Cox

Today is November 14, 2003. JFK was shot and killed on November 22, 1963.

Big John is still using the Julian calendar, like any sensible person. To
hell with
this Gregorian heresy.

--
Dr. Tony Cox
Citrus Controls Inc.

Old November 14th 03, 06:13 PM
Keith McQueen

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 17:29:09 +0000, Steven P. McNicoll wrote:

"Big John" wrote in message

40 years ago today I was ferrying a F-89J from the Maine Air Guard at
Bangor, ME to the Oregon Air Guard at Portland OR. Chugging along at
20K, keeping under the big jet stream blowing east, I was about 150
out of Oklahoma City, my next refueling stop, when ATC came up on
frequency and announced that President Kennedy had been shot in Dallas
and was dead.

May he rest in peace.

Today is November 14, 2003. JFK was shot and killed on November 22, 1963.

Yeah. On November 22, 1963, I was happily celebrating my 8th birthday.
The announcement kind of ruined the whole day for me. The worse part is
that I get reminded of it every year by the media...

Old November 14th 03, 06:17 PM
Jay Honeck

What does infidelity have to do with his legacy? Do you disdain Franklin
Roosevelt, Woodrow Wilson and Dwight Eisenhower as well? In fact, if you

run
down the founding fathers John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, Ben Franklin and
Alexander Hamilton have all been accused of being adulterers. Who cares?

I, for one, believe that any President should be held to the highest moral
standards, for one simple reason:

If the guy lies to his *wife*, what chance do you think WE have with him?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old November 14th 03, 06:21 PM
Ron Natalie

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message news:2%8tb.1931$Dw6.16125@attbi_s02...

If the guy lies to his *wife*, what chance do you think WE have with him?

What makes you think he lied to his wife? :-)

You can always tell when a politician is lying. His lips move.

Old November 14th 03, 06:21 PM
Ron Natalie

"Keith McQueen" wrote in message news

Yeah. On November 22, 1963, I was happily celebrating my 8th birthday.
The announcement kind of ruined the whole day for me. The worse part is
that I get reminded of it every year by the media...

November 22 is Margy's birthday as well. I'm omit the year so as to not incriminate
myself.

Old November 14th 03, 06:32 PM
Michael 182

Sorry, I don't see any correlation between fidelity, infidelity, and public
service. People's private lives are just that, private. We've had plenty of
examples of both good and bad presidents (and leaders in general) who were
adulterers. Unfortunately the press no longer sees it that way.

As an aside, I may be cynical, but I believe every President lies to the
public, both through omission and commission. They'd never get elected or be
able to govern if they were completely honest.

Old November 14th 03, 06:46 PM
Cecil E. Chapman

I just think that it speaks to the man's personal sense of honor. His
pledge to his wife in marriage was broken over and over - such a man has no
sense of honor - and...... what else with a man with no sense of personal
honor lie about? IMHO.

Good Flights!

Cecil E. Chapman, Jr.
PP-ASEL

"We who fly do so for the love of flying.
We are alive in the air with this miracle
that lies in our hands and beneath our feet"

- Cecil Day Lewis-

Check out my personal flying adventures: www.bayareapilot.com
"Michael 182" wrote in message
What does infidelity have to do with his legacy? Do you disdain Franklin
Roosevelt, Woodrow Wilson and Dwight Eisenhower as well? In fact, if you

run
down the founding fathers John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, Ben Franklin and
Alexander Hamilton have all been accused of being adulterers. Who cares?

"Cecil E. Chapman" wrote in message
om...
I normally wouldn't have replied to this thread, but when I saw your

post
it
made me smile.

I've never understood the reverence for JFK, his infidelity made Clinton
look like a abstinent monk. The actions in a similar vein half made me
dislike the clan more and more. Heck, a Kennedy can drown or even

murder
woman and still get off. They are reprehensible, certainly not worthy

of
reverence.

Good Flights!

Cecil E. Chapman, Jr.
PP-ASEL

"We who fly do so for the love of flying.
We are alive in the air with this miracle
that lies in our hands and beneath our feet"

- Cecil Day Lewis-

Check out my personal flying adventures: www.bayareapilot.com
"Tony Cox" wrote in message
.net...
40 years ago today I was ferrying a F-89J from the Maine Air Guard

at
Bangor, ME to the Oregon Air Guard at Portland OR. Chugging along at
20K, keeping under the big jet stream blowing east, I was about 150
out of Oklahoma City, my next refueling stop, when ATC came up on
frequency and announced that President Kennedy had been shot in

Dallas
and was dead.

May he rest in peace.

Big John

40 years ago this week I was a young lad in England excitedly
waiting for the 2nd episode of Dr. Who on the BBC. Kennedy's
death and funeral changed all the schedules and delayed the
broadcast for a week. One week is an awfully long time to an
8-year-old.

I've harbored a simmering resentment of the Kennedy clan ever
since, and now vote against them and their Democrat friends
whenever I get the chance. Revenge is sweet.

--
Dr. Tony Cox
Citrus Controls Inc.

Old November 14th 03, 06:51 PM
Cecil E. Chapman

Well if repeated infidelity is not a problem with you,,, what about
abandoning a girlfriend to drown (one Kennedy) and murdering another woman
(still another, younger Kennedy). They just aren't an honorable bunch...

By the way,,, think about that famous JFK quote... "Ask not what your
country can do for you, but what you can do for your country" Sounds like
something today's extreme right wingers would say....

Old November 14th 03, 06:53 PM
Cecil E. Chapman

My dad's birthday is the 22nd,,, you can reassure Margie that she is a LOT
younger than him GRIN

Good Flights!

Cecil E. Chapman, Jr.
PP-ASEL

"We who fly do so for the love of flying.
We are alive in the air with this miracle
that lies in our hands and beneath our feet"

- Cecil Day Lewis-

Check out my personal flying adventures: www.bayareapilot.com
m...

Old November 14th 03, 06:56 PM
Jay Honeck

By the way,,, think about that famous JFK quote... "Ask not what your
country can do for you, but what you can do for your country" Sounds like
something today's extreme right wingers would say....

Wow -- I never thought about it that way.

Interesting (and somewhat disturbing) correlation...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
"Cecil E. Chapman" wrote in message