A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Crewing opportunity Montague 15M/Opens for "WX" - Soaring WeatherTools educational opportunity

Old May 30th 14, 07:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
WaltWX[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default Crewing opportunity Montague 15M/Opens for "WX" - Soaring WeatherTools educational opportunity

Is anyone interested in a crewing opportunity at the 15M/Open Nats in Montague 06/24-07/03? I am willing to fly this contest without formal crew, but would much prefer assistance. Even partial days would be OK. A room with two beds are booked at the Super 8, so accommodations are no problem.

Montague and the Mount Shasta area is beautiful country. There are 28 well known contest pilots for both classes entered including many past and present U.S. Team pilots. This would be a great opportunity to see a well attended and competitive contest first hand.

Also, I'm willing to provide guidance and training for anyone wanting to learn the weather forecasting tools I use to make soaring forecasts... the same ones used to forecast for the World Gliding Championships Uvalde 2012.

The Standard Class Nationals were canceled due to lack of sufficient pilots at Hobbs, NM. Consequently I had to change my venue.

Walt Rogers WX - Discus 2A
Old May 30th 14, 05:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bill D
external usenet poster

Default Crewing opportunity Montague 15M/Opens for "WX" - Soaring WeatherTools educational opportunity

On Friday, May 30, 2014 12:20:53 AM UTC-6, WaltWX wrote:
Is anyone interested in a crewing opportunity at the 15M/Open Nats in Montague 06/24-07/03? I am willing to fly this contest without formal crew, but would much prefer assistance. Even partial days would be OK. A room with two beds are booked at the Super 8, so accommodations are no problem.

Montague and the Mount Shasta area is beautiful country. There are 28 well known contest pilots for both classes entered including many past and present U.S. Team pilots. This would be a great opportunity to see a well attended and competitive contest first hand.

Also, I'm willing to provide guidance and training for anyone wanting to learn the weather forecasting tools I use to make soaring forecasts... the same ones used to forecast for the World Gliding Championships Uvalde 2012.

The Standard Class Nationals were canceled due to lack of sufficient pilots at Hobbs, NM. Consequently I had to change my venue.

Walt Rogers WX - Discus 2A

Contact me at 303-638-4534