learning curve in fs 2002..

Old December 23rd 03, 04:10 AM
David Ciemny

Default learning curve in fs 2002..

Hi all..just loaded our first flight sim (fs 2002). Seems like a steep
learning curve. Picked up other sims so I imagine it will take some time.

Taking my first flight I missed the runway altogether attempting to land.

Wish me luck..

DC

Old December 23rd 03, 10:03 AM
i.dodds

Hi David, do the 'Learn to Fly' course. Its fun and will increase your
enjoyment of the sim. Ian.

Old December 23rd 03, 03:34 PM
Randy L.

"David Ciemny" wrote in message
Hi all..just loaded our first flight sim (fs 2002). Seems like a steep
learning curve. Picked up other sims so I imagine it will take some time.

Taking my first flight I missed the runway altogether attempting to land.

Wish me luck..

DC

Dave,
There is certainly a steep learning curve to most PC flight simulators.
I think that is why they are not as popular as other types of computer
games. Most people don't have the patience to really sit down and learn
flying skills, plus the time it takes to practice, practice, practice!. It
will be frustrating at first, but I really think it is well worth the effort
to learn how to fly. One nice thing is that you can pause the simulation at
any time, you can set up your weather, wind, and location to your liking,
fly any aircraft that you want, and you have all the time in the world to
learn without the fear of getting hurt. I would suggest that if you are just
starting out with flying, that you learn the smaller single-engine aircraft
first. They are not nearly as difficult to fly, and they fly a lot slower
which gives you more time to build your reflexes and your knowledge. I see
too often people starting off in the Boeing 747 or Lear jet, and become
frustrated and quit after crashing it enough times. Keep plugging away at
it. Flying is hard, but hey! if it was easy then everybody would do it! Good
luck and fair skies!

Randy L.

--

Those who expect life to be "fair" are doomed to a life of disappointment.

Old December 25th 03, 02:25 AM
Kevin Darling

"David Ciemny" wrote in message ...
Hi all..just loaded our first flight sim (fs 2002). Seems like a steep
learning curve. Picked up other sims so I imagine it will take some time.

Taking my first flight I missed the runway altogether attempting to land.

Not at all unusual. You'll get better. Also, are you just using the
keyboard and mouse? Very difficult. Much more fun with a yoke (and
rudder pedals)!

Wish me luck..

Luck!

Kev
Old December 30th 03, 12:18 AM
David Ciemny

Well...Dad and I just took a our first flights together. Using a
thrustmaster stick. Much better than keyboard. I did have a ? When taking
the Mt. Rushmore flight to view the mountain..well let's just say we
couldn't find it. We did take the Buffalo to Niagara Falls tour down the
river to see the Falls. This is where we live so that was fun!

We will spend time and take the lessons and have fun with it.

Thanks for the support.

DC
m...