Hurricane Dennis

Old July 7th 05, 03:37 PM
Hotel 179

Default Hurricane Dennis

Hello All,

I guess I'll get out the boards and spend the day battening down the hatches
while the sun still shines. The plane probably needs to be moved somewhere
out of the line of fire also. We're doing the hurricane dance down here
along the Redneck Riviera. Hate to send it to you Texas, but we really
don't want it here.....sorta like "Not in my backyard".

--
Stephen F. Pearce
Foley, Alabama

Old July 7th 05, 05:02 PM
Dan Luke

"Hotel 179" wrote:

I guess I'll get out the boards and spend the day battening down the

hatches
while the sun still shines. The plane probably needs to be moved somewhere
out of the line of fire also. We're doing the hurricane dance down here
along the Redneck Riviera. Hate to send it to you Texas, but we really
don't want it here.....sorta like "Not in my backyard".

Yeah, goddamit, here we go AGAIN!

I'm making plans to fly the airplane out on Saturday morning. Probably fly
to New Orleans and drive a rent car back. Then spend two or three days (at
least) schlepping gas to the generator and cleaning debris from the yard, if
we're lucky.

I'm really getting sick of this crap.

--
Dan
C-172RG at BFM

Old July 7th 05, 05:29 PM
Jay Honeck

I'm really getting sick of this crap.

Isn't that rather like a Californian complaining about earthquakes, Dan?

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 7th 05, 05:45 PM
Jay Masino

Dan Luke wrote:
I'm making plans to fly the airplane out on Saturday morning. Probably fly
to New Orleans and drive a rent car back. Then spend two or three days (at
least) schlepping gas to the generator and cleaning debris from the yard, if
we're lucky.

Given the most recent 5 day track...
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/grap...724.shtml?5day

It doesn't seem like New Orleans is far enough away (plus, it's below sea
level).

--
__!__
Jay and Teresa Masino ___(_)___
Old July 7th 05, 07:07 PM
Denny

Dan, In the words of that great philosopher, "go North young man."..
Huntsville seems about right...

denny ..

Old July 7th 05, 07:11 PM
Hotel 179

"Denny" wrote in message
oups.com...
Dan, In the words of that great philosopher, "go North young man."..
Huntsville seems about right...

denny ..

---------------------------------------reply----------------------------------

Atlanta got socked pretty good with the last batch of wind and water to go
through there.

Stephen F. Pearce
Foley, Alabama

Old July 7th 05, 07:14 PM
Paul kgyy

Try Duluth - no earthquakes, few tornados, no mudslides, no grass
fires. A solid month at 20 below, but heck, you can dress for that :-)

Old July 7th 05, 07:19 PM
Dan Luke

"Jay Honeck" wrote:

I'm really getting sick of this crap.

Isn't that rather like a Californian complaining about earthquakes, Dan?

Funny you should mention that. My best buddy from high school and his wife
are coming from California to Mobile this weekend for a scientific
conference. They were planning on turning it into a mini-vacation; they have
a B&B booked on Dauphin Island (oops!) and everything. He remarked that they
will be glad to be getting a break from all the earthquakes they've been
having lately. Ha!

Anyhow, I know tropical storms and hurricanes come with the territory, but
EVERY FREAKIN' YEAR? It just ain't right. The four named storms so far this
year are the most *ever* this early in the season. And you saw what happened
last year. Something's screwy, I tell ya'. It's enough to make me sell the
business and move.

--
Dan
C-172RG at BFM

Old July 7th 05, 07:21 PM
Dan Luke

"Jay Masino" wrote:

I'm making plans to fly the airplane out on Saturday morning. Probably

fly
to New Orleans and drive a rent car back. Then spend two or three days

(at
least) schlepping gas to the generator and cleaning debris from the yard,

if
we're lucky.

Given the most recent 5 day track...
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/grap...724.shtml?5day

It doesn't seem like New Orleans is far enough away (plus, it's below sea
level).

That's why I said "probably." By Friday night I'll be sure enough.
--
Dan
C-172RG at BFM

Old July 7th 05, 07:25 PM
Dan Luke

"Denny" wrote:

Dan, In the words of that great philosopher, "go North young man."..
Huntsville seems about right...

Too GD far to drive. Anyway, Huntsville might also be in the path of the
storm, which could still be spawning tornadoes as it moves north.

The way to avoid a hurricane is to dodge it, not run in front of it. By
Friday night I'll know whether to go east or west.
--
Dan
C-172RG at BFM