How much fuel do you prefer to carry?

Old August 24th 08, 08:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
george

Default How much fuel do you prefer to carry?

On Aug 24, 5:25 pm, wrote:

Which really isn't that much for a tall, big boned individual with
cloths, a flight bag, backup handheld, spare batteries, headset, AFD,
charts, a bottle of water, etc.

One might have to ask as to how he could get a check ride :-)

Old August 24th 08, 09:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

george wrote:
On Aug 24, 5:25 pm, wrote:

Which really isn't that much for a tall, big boned individual with
cloths, a flight bag, backup handheld, spare batteries, headset, AFD,
charts, a bottle of water, etc.

One might have to ask as to how he could get a check ride :-)

Which is why I never got checked out in a C-152 at 250 lb with all
my crap.

The only instructor light enough such that we could carry enough fuel
left before I got around to it.

Nor can I get a tail wheel endoresment from the local guy with a Champ
as between the two of us we can't carry enough fuel.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old August 25th 08, 02:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Wilhelm

"Bob F." wrote in message
. ..

First of all, I'll bet he wouldn't even be able to fit in a C152. Second
of all, It would be nice if someone would take a serious shot at answering
the question. I answered the OP question a long time ago. We are on a
tangential question now.
"Name an aircraft that will be overweight with a full load of fuel even
with only the required pilot(s) aboard." Please don't take a Bill Clinton
position and ask for a definition for each of the words. You know exactly
what this question is asking.

Because it's just another one of his bull**** questions, that serve no
purpose.

How many REAL PILOTS, do you think will go to sleep tonight pondering the
answer to this question?

Old August 25th 08, 03:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Default Kookie boi maxie tries do deny his kookinesss

Embrace it you magnificent k00k!

"Wilhelm" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in
:

"Bob F." wrote in message
. ..

First of all, I'll bet he wouldn't even be able to fit in a C152.
Second of all, It would be nice if someone would take a serious shot
at answering the question. I answered the OP question a long time
ago. We are on a tangential question now.
"Name an aircraft that will be overweight with a full load of fuel
even with only the required pilot(s) aboard." Please don't take a
Bill Clinton position and ask for a definition for each of the words.
You know exactly what this question is asking.

Because it's just another one of his bull**** questions, that serve no
purpose.

How many REAL PILOTS, do you think will go to sleep tonight pondering
the answer to this question?

Not you, anyway, but since you're not a real pilot anyway......

Bertie

Old August 25th 08, 09:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
JGalban via AviationKB.com

Bob F. wrote:

I don't think the C152 requires 2 pilots and we are talking about standard
pilot weights. Can you think of a correct answer?

I hesitated to get into this thread, since I've got a feeling that this is
a trick question.

A late '70s C150 with a moderately equipped panel (1 navcom & txp) has a
useful load of ~450 lbs. Subtract 144 lbs. for a full fuel load and you're
left with 306 lbs.

A pre-solo training flight requires both a student and an instructor. They
would have to average 153 lbs. each to meet the weight limit. Well below
even the old standard of 170 lbs.

Go ahead and pick away.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)

Old August 25th 08, 09:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob F.[_3_]

"JGalban via AviationKB.com" u32749@uwe wrote in message
Bob F. wrote:

I don't think the C152 requires 2 pilots and we are talking about standard
pilot weights. Can you think of a correct answer?

I hesitated to get into this thread, since I've got a feeling that this
is
a trick question.

A late '70s C150 with a moderately equipped panel (1 navcom & txp) has a
useful load of ~450 lbs. Subtract 144 lbs. for a full fuel load and
you're
left with 306 lbs.

A pre-solo training flight requires both a student and an instructor.
They
would have to average 153 lbs. each to meet the weight limit. Well below
even the old standard of 170 lbs.

Go ahead and pick away.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)

You're right...it was a trick question.