Last Flight Sea Harrier(10) - SHAR_Last_Flight_10.JPG

Old December 12th 06, 04:19 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Alan Erskine

Default Last Flight Sea Harrier(10) - SHAR_Last_Flight_10.JPG

"alf blume" wrote in message
k...

"Paul Elliot" skrev i en meddelelse
t...

Never underestimate Argentine pride. I lived in BA in 1971. I have seen
it.

I think that british intelligence services are well aware of this . . .

Just like they were in 1982? Or in 2003 (Iraq)?

C'mon.

--
Alan Erskine

Old December 12th 06, 04:51 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
alf blume

"Alan Erskine" skrev i en meddelelse
"alf blume" wrote in message
k...

"Paul Elliot" skrev i en meddelelse
t...

Never underestimate Argentine pride. I lived in BA in 1971. I have seen
it.

I think that british intelligence services are well aware of this . . .

Just like they were in 1982? Or in 2003 (Iraq)?

You think they didn't know? - they did in both cases - both wars were
politically motivated and intelligence ignored.
1) Thacher was made perfectly aware of the Argentinian preparations - but
chose a war to divert attention from internal problems - nothing unites a
nation better than a quick little war!
2) Same situation - Blair knew that the presence of WMD were at best
dubious - the war was politically motivated: "Britain is still a world
power - look we can fight on equal terms with the US!!!"

Old December 12th 06, 06:52 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Grumpy AuContraire

Alan Erskine wrote:

"alf blume" wrote in message
k...

"Paul Elliot" skrev i en meddelelse
t...

Never underestimate Argentine pride. I lived in BA in 1971. I have seen
it.

I think that british intelligence services are well aware of this . . .

Just like they were in 1982? Or in 2003 (Iraq)?

C'mon.

I think that Britain would have had a much more difficult time had the
US remained completely neutral. Quite frankly, I don't see why the
interest in maintaining a colony that is not economically viable on its own...

JT

Old December 12th 06, 07:36 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Paul Elliot

Grumpy AuContraire wrote:

Alan Erskine wrote:

"alf blume" wrote in message
.dk...

"Paul Elliot" skrev i en meddelelse
.net...

Never underestimate Argentine pride. I lived in BA in 1971. I have seen
it.

I think that british intelligence services are well aware of this . . .

Just like they were in 1982? Or in 2003 (Iraq)?

C'mon.

I think that Britain would have had a much more difficult time had the
US remained completely neutral. Quite frankly, I don't see why the
interest in maintaining a colony that is not economically viable on its own...

JT

To recapitualte:
Never underestimate British pride.
--
PC Paul
89 PC800

Trip pics at: http://new.photos.yahoo.com/paul1cart/albums/

"To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to
society" - Theodore Roosevelt

Old December 12th 06, 09:03 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
alf blume

Grumpy AuContraire wrote:

I think that Britain would have had a much more difficult time had the
US remained completely neutral.

The US would have a hard time maintaining NATO if a member could be attacked
and not recieve help from the USA.

Quite frankly, I don't see why the
interest in maintaining a colony that is not economically viable on its
own...

Agree - but why search for common logic (other than geopolitics) in politics
;-)

To recapitualte:
Never underestimate British pride.

Right!

Old December 12th 06, 11:34 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Alan Erskine

"alf blume" wrote in message
k...

Alf

One of your comments yesterday was something in the order of "Aircraft
carriers can stand off at long distances and protect land" or something like
that. Not in the South Atlantic without radar; the British proved that in
1982 - the Harriers were often grounded by fog, rain or low cloud. How are
the GR-7's going to "defend land"?

--
Alan Erskine