Oudie gear warning?

Old April 12th 20, 02:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Default Oudie gear warning?

True that....

I remember a club glider on final, non-local power guy making a conflict on final....club ground calling a glider on final to the power guy (most club ships don't have radios)....finally worked out OK.

I did do a "worm burner" in a single place glass ship just off his wingtip as he rolled out to let him know he was not the only ship using the airport.

There is "right", and then there is "dead right".....all comes down to "see and avoid".. complain later....
Old April 12th 20, 02:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AS

On Saturday, April 11, 2020 at 9:30:46 PM UTC-4, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:
True that....

I remember a club glider on final, non-local power guy making a conflict on final....club ground calling a glider on final to the power guy (most club ships don't have radios)....finally worked out OK.

I did do a "worm burner" in a single place glass ship just off his wingtip as he rolled out to let him know he was not the only ship using the airport.

There is "right", and then there is "dead right".....all comes down to "see and avoid".. complain later....

I just ran the latest update and now have sexy female voice tell me 'Caution - your zipper is down!'

Uli
'AS'
Old May 1st 20, 01:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Well I have kept an eye on the Oudie as best I could on the last two landings and never saw it give a gear warning. Wonder if my firmware version doesn't play with the software or something?

Unfortunately the guy at Naviter didn't seem to grasp my query. Anybody write in Slovene?
Old May 1st 20, 01:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Well I have kept an eye on the Oudie as best I could on the last two landings and never saw it give a gear warning. Wonder if my firmware version doesn't play with the software or something?

Unfortunately the guy at Naviter didn't seem to grasp my query. Anybody write in Slovene?

Please make sure you're running the Naviter Updater on your PC and connect the Oudie to confirm you have the most recent software on it. I can't remember exactly which version added this capability but it was within the last 12-18 months. If you're not running the new version, it won't work.

Hope this helps,

Chuck Werninger
LS-4 VL
Soaring Club of Houston
Old May 3rd 20, 06:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Thanks Chuck, am definitely running latest software. Dunno if first-generation Oudie firmware might be the issue but comms with Naviter are not productive.

Would love to get the functionality - I haven't left the gear up yet in 38 years but I ain't getting any younger/smarter...
Old May 16th 20, 08:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

OK, so after a good seven or so flights I finally saw that the gear warning works, then disappears. Pretty useless unless you are conditioned to look at a moving map full-time, and I should hope not! So I have suggested to Naviter that they make it aural and/or have it continuous until acknowledged. Please chime in as MNLou did and maybe they will improve the feature in the future.

Now, for you techno folks - is there any way I can bootleg the Oudie gear warning to drive something aural in the cockpit? No, I really don't want to add a flarm or a cappucino maker...
Old May 16th 20, 09:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
MNLou

I'm definitely getting a sweet loud female voice saying "Check gear" as well as the on screen message.

I'm not sure what is triggering the audio. I assumed it was the Oudie2.

Lou
Old May 16th 20, 09:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Thanks Lou - can you look into how the gadgets interact? Or test by leaving the S8 off on a circuit? Don't gear-up on my account!
Old May 18th 20, 07:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
krasw

On Saturday, 16 May 2020 23:12:27 UTC+3, wrote:
Thanks Lou - can you look into how the gadgets interact? Or test by leaving the S8 off on a circuit? Don't gear-up on my account!

The Oudie2 voice warning comes from Oudie speaker, just TURN UP THE VOLUME.
Old May 21st 20, 06:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Monday, May 18, 2020 at 2:35:39 AM UTC-4, krasw wrote:
On Saturday, 16 May 2020 23:12:27 UTC+3, wrote:
Thanks Lou - can you look into how the gadgets interact? Or test by leaving the S8 off on a circuit? Don't gear-up on my account!

The Oudie2 voice warning comes from Oudie speaker, just TURN UP THE VOLUME.

krasw - Thanks - if this is the right track then I am baffled that Naviter did not point me this way. I disabled SeeYouMobile from starting automatically so that I can get to the device's settings screen without having to wait for SYM to boot up and then have to shut it down. I raised the volume to max and saved the setting, definitely works, BUT - as soon as I run SYM again the volume is turned off. I exit SYM and the setting is back to zero volume. IF I shut down and reboot the Oudie without running SYM the volume setting I save stays put. Any ideas?

Cessna 172 gear warning Paul Kassel Owning 0 March 27th 17 04:29 PM
Gear Warning Gadget Guy Soaring 118 November 30th 05 10:43 PM
Gear Warning Gordon Schubert Soaring 11 November 22nd 05 03:27 AM
Gear Warning Gordon Schubert Soaring 0 November 18th 05 08:22 PM
gear warning plus K.P. Termaat Soaring 0 September 8th 03 08:33 AM