OT-Killing Pop-ups as a webmaster

Old November 19th 03, 10:25 PM
Frank

Dylan Smith wrote:

In article , Frank wrote:
No offense taken. And FTR I can see your site just fine, I just can't
view the videos because they are in proprietary formats. (There is no
viewer for Linux for .wmv's as of now.)

Xine will show .wmv videos just fine. I watched the video using Xine.
The wmv format is just a slightly repackaged MPEG4 file that has been
"embraced and extended" by the Beast of Redmond.

Thanks for the tip. I thought I had installed just about every multimedia
app out there. It's getting harder to keep track of just what's available
for Linux lately.

Even if I used MS as an OS, I still would use Mozilla just because I like
the features it provides. If it came to pass that Mozilla was found to
not work correctly because of non-compliance I would look for a new
browser too. (Assuming it wasn't just a bug that would be fixed after
being reported).

Mozilla has become much better than MSIE in recent years. So has
Konqueror. Windows users can run Mozilla too - if you run Windows, try
it and see how you like it compared to MSIE. I don't know what I'd do
without tabbed browsing now. I use Konqueror on Linux and *BSD, and
Mozilla on Windows.

Sing it brother, tabbed browsing has changed my life. The sky is bluer and I
can jump higher....

OK, maybe I exaggerate a little....But it really does make using the web
much nicer.
--
Frank....H