Name an Aviation Theme Suite -- Win a Prize!

Old January 5th 06, 06:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Name an Aviation Theme Suite -- Win a Prize!

The Boeing Suite
The Voyager Suite
--
Gene Seibel
Gene & Sue's Aeroplanes - http://pad39a.com/gene/planes.html

Old January 5th 06, 06:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

The Outer Marker

Old January 5th 06, 06:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

The obvious one is the DC-3 suite, but beyond that...

We would LOVE a DC-3 suite -- but what to call it? "DC-3" just sounds
dumb, to non-pilots. "Dakota Suite" might work. Isn't that what the Brits
called the Gooney Bird?

Shuttle suite

Well, we've already stretched the aviation theme to fit the "Apollo
Suite" -- simply cuz I really like that theme -- but the "Shuttle Suite"
just sounds too much like a bus. I think we're done with the space program,
for now. (If we ever add that third building, THEN we'll be looking at the
shuttle, methinks.

USS Enterprise suite

While I personally love Star Trek, that would make almost no sense in our
current hotel. It's gotta be aviation.

Top Gun suite

Now THAT would be an easy, and popular, suite. We really don't have any
suites that honor the modern era (the closest we get is the Blackbird Suite,
and that plane was from the 1960s), so it fills that niche, too.

Too bad it sounds so militaristic and masculine. Gotta think of something
that appeals to the non-flying chicks, who make the lodging decisions 75% of
the time... Maybe the "Maverick Suite"?

Please don't do a UAV suite.

THAT goes without saying. Unmanned vehicles are about as interesting as
pocket calculators, IMHO.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 5th 06, 06:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
The obvious one is the DC-3 suite, but beyond that...

We would LOVE a DC-3 suite -- but what to call it? "DC-3" just sounds
dumb, to non-pilots. "Dakota Suite" might work. Isn't that what the
Brits called the Gooney Bird?

The Gooney Bird Suite, that has my vote! (Now you have to sleep in your own
Inn, haha)

Allen

Old January 5th 06, 06:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

I don't know about a name, but the Oshkosh suite MUST have an authentic
porta-potty enclosing the toilet, but I won't go so far as to demand an
actual porta-potty in place of the toilet.

Old January 5th 06, 06:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Jay Honeck wrote:
So we FINALLY finished the new "Piper Cub Suite" yesterday (some of that
artwork has been in our dining room for over three years!) at our aviation
theme suite hotel, and we're embarking on our last two aviation theme
suites, the "Apollo Suite" and the "Oshkosh Suite" -- both which have been
in the works for over two years.

However, since we created the "Cub Suite" by chopping one of our 2-story
townhouse suites in half (by walling off the stairs), we suddenly find
ourselves with an "extra" suite to name!

Thus, it's time to play "Name That Suite"! The winner earns a free night
in "their" suite, upon completion. Here are the rules:

1. The name must roll off the tongue, and be no longer than four words.
(I.E.: "The Charles Lindbergh Suite")
2. No aviation disasters, please. (No "Hindenburg Suite", please...)
3. Nothing potentially offensive or double-meaning (No "Bong Suite" or
"Hellcat Suite"...)
4. Combat-related names are iffy, unless they "sound pretty" to the
uninformed.

For example, our "Memphis Belle Suite" sounds "pretty" to folks who have no
idea who Bob Morgan was, and our "Mustang Suite" sounds kinda racy, even to
those who have NO idea what a P-51 is... We must be careful to appeal to
the NON-flying crowd, too, which eliminates a lot of great names.

Ideally, the suite would honor a well-known era or aspect of aviation. Look
here to see which names are already in use:
http://alexisparkinn.com/theme_suites.htm

Good luck!

I think the Rutan Suite honoring Burt would be a good choice.
Old January 5th 06, 06:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

The Kitty Hawk Suite....

Old January 5th 06, 06:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

I guess you already have a Wright Brothers Suite, so... never mind...
;-) I like the Dick Rutan Suite though, suggested by John...

Old January 5th 06, 06:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Why not call it the "Golden Age Suite" or just "Golden Suite." Make the
theme around the golden era of aviation that would include not only the DC-3
but the air racers, Gee Bee, For Tri-Motor, well, you get it.

Marco Leon

Old January 5th 06, 06:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Well, my "official" entry would be the "Golden Suite" for the Golden Age in
aviation. Like I stated in response to the DC-3 post, it would be around all
the "classic" airframes from that time. You could also include non-aviation
items from that era in the suite to cater to the non-aviation minded folks
who still like to "reminisce."

Marco Leon

Trying to Fly AliR Piloting 33 May 9th 05 12:00 AM
Aviation Books&CD Roms FS [email protected] Naval Aviation 0 April 10th 05 10:33 PM
Aviation Books&CD Roms FS [email protected] Home Built 0 April 10th 05 10:29 PM
General Aviation Legal Defense Fund Dr. Guenther Eichhorn Aerobatics 0 May 11th 04 10:43 PM