"Rolling" to ATC

Old February 5th 07, 07:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Mxsmanic

Default "Rolling" to ATC

Paul Tomblin writes:

Well, since he's never talked on a real aviation radio and yet he has the
nerve to correct real pilots, what do you expect? Sure, some of the
controllers on VATSIM are pros, but even the pros know that they're not
going to be accountable to anybody if they're lax or screw something up on
VATSIM.

I haven't heard it on VATSIM; I've only heard it on real-world ATC.

Then there is the stunning load of crap in Michael Crichton's "Airframe":

"Tower zero one request clearance for takeoff."
"Cleared runway three contact ground point six three when off the runway."

Where's the error?

Old February 5th 07, 07:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Mxsmanic

Sam Spade writes:

Oh Bull****.

I suspect that's what the captain would say, yes.

First place, only United Airlines pipes ATC into the cabin. Second, it
is up to the captain and far fewer do it since 911.

So?

Flight attendants are training NOT to take such bull**** from a
passenger to the flight deck.

I guess Thomas is out of luck, then.

Old February 5th 07, 07:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Mxsmanic

Paul Tomblin writes:

Much like the way real pilots actively seek out the counsel and approval
of simulator dweebs.

A lot of real pilots already think they know everything, especially in
general aviation, so they never seek out counsel at all, which isn't
always wise.

Old February 5th 07, 07:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.ifr
Mxsmanic

Newps writes:

Exactly. Playing.

Yes, that's what I said. What is your point?

Old February 5th 07, 07:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.ifr
Mxsmanic

Thomas Borchert writes:

See? That wasn't so hard now, was it?

What are you referring to?

Old February 5th 07, 09:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.ifr
Mxsmanic

Old February 5th 07, 09:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.ifr
Newps

Mxsmanic drooled:

Mxsmanic writes:

Newps writes:

Exactly. Playing.

Yes, that's what I said.

No, that's not what I said. The referenced post was forged.

Doesn't matter to us.
Old February 5th 07, 09:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.ifr
Mxsmanic

Old February 5th 07, 09:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.ifr
Newps

Mxsmanic wrote:

Mxsmanic writes:

Newps writes:

Exactly. Playing.

Yes, that's what I said.

No, that's not what I said. The referenced post was simulated.

The goal of simulation is to perfectly simulate reality. Mission
accomplished.
Old February 5th 07, 09:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.ifr
Jim Logajan

Newps wrote:
Doesn't matter to us.

Who's "us"?