gas struts

Old April 3rd 08, 02:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Phillip LaBerge

Default gas struts

I have the original Comet trailer that came with my ASW-20A and the
original gas struts on the trailer. Anyone know where to get
replacement struts (the clamshell is sagging now) without having to
take out a loan to buy new ones from Germany?
Old April 3rd 08, 03:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Koerner

Try www.mcmaster.com . They have an excellent range of good quality
gas springs. Their website is easy to navigate and ordering online
is painless.

Steve Koerner -- GW
www.wingrigger.com
Old April 3rd 08, 05:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
HL Falbaum

Phil:

McMaster is in Atlanta--Cheap and fast.
Read the data off the struts the go to the Mcmaster catalogue for the
required measurements. Search "gas springs" and read the 6 pages to get
educated.

Good luck.
--
Hartley Falbaum

Old April 4th 08, 05:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_1_]

On Apr 3, 9:09*am, "HL Falbaum" wrote:
Phil:

McMaster is in Atlanta--Cheap and fast.
Read the data off the struts the go to the Mcmaster catalogue for the
required measurements. Search "gas springs" and read the 6 pages to get
educated.

Good luck.
--
Hartley Falbaum

"Phillip LaBerge" wrote in message

I have the original Comet trailer that came with my ASW-20A and the
original gas struts on the trailer. Anyone know where to get
replacement struts (the clamshell is sagging now) without having to
take out a loan to buy new ones from Germany?- Hide quoted text -

You probalbly will not find an exact replacement for the strut at
McMaster Carr and if they are not exact you will have problems with
the open and or the closing.

The following site can supply exact replacements. Be sure and measure
the extended and retracted lengths and usually the newtons are on the
strut.

http://www.easylift.com/products/gas_springs.aspx

Richard
www.craggyaero.com
Old April 7th 08, 05:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ZZ

Phillip

Try the Komet Rep...Harold Ennulat (724) 935-5586. I had the same
problem about a year ago and he took good care of me.

Paul
ZZ

Pa-28-151 struts Gus Cabre Owning 14 February 14th 08 06:40 PM
Oleo Struts xerxes Owning 4 September 7th 06 04:54 AM
Cessna Struts jls Home Built 7 July 16th 05 03:26 PM
Gas Struts for Clamshell Trailer [email protected] Soaring 1 April 26th 05 02:49 AM
Regulator/valve for filling struts Ben Jackson Owning 5 January 24th 04 03:12 AM