photo landing on SeeYou 3.95

Old June 9th 10, 04:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

Default photo landing on SeeYou 3.95

On Jun 9, 6:47*am, Mike the Strike wrote:

This problem (Photo Landing) is caused by a noise spike (opening the
air vent?) causing SeeYou to think you started your motor . *Go to the
Flight Attributes (or whatever it's called) and check the "Glider
Only" box.

Kirk

Yep - I had exactly the same problem when a gear door stuck open.
"Pure glider" didn't fix it either, as the noise was loud *throughout
the flight, but this should work for an isolated noise spike. *I was
able to modify mine *by changing the start and end of soaring times.

Mike- Hide quoted text -

Why is that people cannot design software to ignore the ENL record
when the glider is not a motor glider? I am often irritated by having
to adjust my start time on OLC because it uses the noise level even
though I am not a motor glider.

When I asked OLC for ENL to be ignored I was asked "how shall we
determine your start of soaring flight". I responded "same as for
logs that have no ENL record". Nothing changed, it still uses ENL for
pure gliders.

Andy
Old June 9th 10, 11:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Peter Wyld[_2_]

"Frank" wrote in message
On Jun 9, 5:40 am, "Peter Wyld" wrote:
"Frank" wrote in message

I flew a TAT today at the Cordele, Ga USA contest, and as I always do
I opened my flight in SeeYou 3.95 for analysis. Except this time it
showed a 'photo landing' between the 2nd and 3rd turn areas, and there
seems to be no way to get rid of it. I have been using SeeYou for at
least 8 years, and am pretty familiar with the common sorts of task
declaration errors that can lead to this situation. However, this
time I can't get rid of it for the life of me.

I attempted to post this on the Naviter support forum, but that seems
to be screwed up too. I can't get an activation email, and since I
can't get an activation email, I can't complete the forum registration
and therefore can't post. I also looked at their forum postings about
'photo landings' and it seems that the SeeYou folks aren't really
interested in addressing this issue (assuming it *is* an issue and not
just something I'm doing wrong).

Anyone else had this problem with SeeYou 3.95?

Frank (TA)

Without a copy of the igc file I can't be sure, but if it was an AAT
(which
it looks like from the task description), I would guess that the photo
landing is when the time ran out (i.e. 2h30 from the start).

Posting to OLC was the right thing to do. As soon as I saw the trace,
I noticed that the ENL levels were spiking way up, even though I have
a pure glider. There happened to be a big spike at 2:06 that
coincided with a low point, and I guess the algorithm in SeeYou
decided that I had started the engine there. It would be nice if
'Photo Landing' were replaced with 'Engine Start' in this case - would
have avoid a lot of electron abuse ;-).

TA

Now that your trace has been posted where I can get at it, I've looked at
it.
I can't see any noise in SeeYou.
If you set the task time to 2:30, you get a photo outlanding after 2 hours
30 (no surprise there!),
If you set the task time to 3:30 you get a completed flight.
If you leave the tasktime at 00:00:00 it gives you a completed flight.

I ran it against a UK scoring script with a 2:30 task time and it scores you
just fine (3h25m38s, 154miles, 44.9 mph) although it still shows a photo
outlanding at the task timeout time (as it should).
I don't think SeeYou can create good results from an AAT without the help of
a scoring script, it's OK with Racing tasks without a script (simple
computation of distance vs time).

good luck with the comp!

Old June 10th 10, 12:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

On Jun 9, 3:39*pm, "Peter Wyld" wrote:
If you set the task time to 2:30, you get a photo outlanding after 2 hours 30 (no surprise there!),

Under what set of rules is a maximum task time ever set?

Andy

Old June 10th 10, 10:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruce Hoult

On Jun 10, 11:05*am, Andy wrote:
On Jun 9, 3:39*pm, "Peter Wyld" wrote:

If you set the task time to 2:30, you get a photo outlanding after 2 hours 30 (no surprise there!),

Under what set of rules is a maximum task time ever set?

On any day that has a CIvil Twilight, for a start.

I don't know what they do if there are gliding contests north of a
line from Oslo to St Petersberg.