EAA UWO Dorm Room (Air Conditioned) For Sale

Old January 25th 06, 10:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning

Default EAA UWO Dorm Room (Air Conditioned) For Sale

Jay Honeck wrote:

The freshly retired United pilot and his wife, in their brand spank'n new
mobile home complete with canopy porch and porch furniture, almost wet
themselves when they saw my predicament. g

Next morning I was at Wally-World buying a 20" high "Twin" air mattress.
Ahh, dignity restored.

Ah, but there are other visual images, too. Let's not forget OSH '04, with
Montblack camped next to us in a driving, all-night rain, sitting upright in
a chair, inside a tent WITHOUT a rain fly, holding an umbrella to stay
dry...

Now there's a man who knows how to have a good time! :-)

Matt
Old January 25th 06, 10:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning

In July, it's a blast furnace.

I don't know. I was there this past June (14th through 29th) and it
wasn't bad. 109 a couple of days, but it really is a dry heat and it felt
very comfortable to someone used to 95/95 here in PA during some summer
days. 109/3 (yes, the RH was 3%!!) was very comfortable. And I could
exit the pool at the hotel, and during the approximately 100 yard walk
back to my room, have my hair completely dry (OK, there isn't THAT much to
dry) and my swim trunks would be nearly dry. It was amazing...

My parents used to spend winters in Vegas. At that time of year, it's a
wonderful place to live and work.

I was there in June once. It was 117 degrees on the strip, and it was
incredible. You literally desiccated as you walked, and didn't even realize
you were dying, since the sweat evaporated immediately.

It didn't feel any worse than 95 in Iowa -- but that's bad enough to make me
not want to go back in summer.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 25th 06, 11:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning

Jay Honeck wrote:

[...]

I guess it depends on your preferences. I'm a heavy sweater and I hate
humidity. Here in PA in the summer, the humidity is rather nasty. Not
as bad as New Orleans, but still pretty bad.

The few times I've been to the southwest, I've just loved it. As long
as I keep drinking, I stay very comfortable even above 110 (I was in
Phoenix in mid-July a few years ago). Maybe 120 would get to be
uncomfortable, but I think I could even take that.

When I retire, I'll probably just stay in PA as I was born here and
probably will never leave, but if I do move, I won't go to Florida as
most in this area do. I'll head to NM, AZ, NV or maybe even CO. I'm
not sure I could stand to look at a desert every day after this many
years of the PA mountains, but I do love the low humidity!!

Matt
Old January 25th 06, 11:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning

Matt Whiting wrote:

I'm a heavy sweater

snip

Your wife must really love you during those cold, PA winters.

--
Peter
Old January 26th 06, 12:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning

Peter R. wrote:

Matt Whiting wrote:

I'm a heavy sweater

snip

Your wife must really love you during those cold, PA winters.

Luckily, I don't sweat much during the winter! :-) I do give off a lot
of heat, though, so she says she sees no need for an electric blanket...

Matt
Old January 26th 06, 12:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning

Work, other people's work, is an intolerable idea to a cat. Can you picture
cats herding sheep or agreeing to pull a cart? They will not inconvenience
themselves to the slightest degree.
--Dr. Louis J. Camuti

Regards

Ian

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. . .

Old January 26th 06, 12:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning

ROTFLMAO!

Rich S.
Servant to Bootsie and Ms. T.

Old January 26th 06, 12:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning

("Matt Whiting" wrote)
I don't know. I was there this past June (14th through 29th) and it
wasn't bad. 109 a couple of days, but it really is a dry heat and it felt
very comfortable to someone used to 95/95 here in PA during some summer
days. 109/3 (yes, the RH was 3%!!) was very comfortable. And I could
exit the pool at the hotel, and during the approximately 100 yard walk
back to my room, have my hair completely dry (OK, there isn't THAT much to
dry) and my swim trunks would be nearly dry. It was amazing...

We were in Elko, NV (EKO - elev. 5,140 ft) last July, a week before OSH, and
the weather was ....perfect! 95, 100, 105. We rented a Mustang convertible.
The High Desert was surprisingly green - it rained a little bit one evening
while we were there. It had been an unusually wet spring that year, also.

No sweating in the heat. I drank water from a 32oz PowerAid bottle. We kept
2 gallons of water with us - in the trunk - when we went exploring. In the
mountains I filled up my bottle with snow-melt that ran in cold streams,
down the rocky face of the slopes, next to the road.

I'd go back to the High Desert in July.

Last time I was in Las Vegas was 1988 - October. Weather was fine :-)

Montblack

Old January 26th 06, 01:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning

("Jay Honeck" wrote)
Ah, but there are other visual images, too. Let's not forget OSH '04,
with Montblack camped next to us in a driving, all-night rain, sitting
upright in a chair, inside a tent WITHOUT a rain fly, holding an umbrella
to stay dry...

Have you ever heard from your tent-mate again?

The 18 year old niece (fresh from OzFest or some other Somerset, Wis three
day party) said, "Here's the tent, it's fine." It was her 12' x 12'
stand-up-inside tent we used for the week.

Well, all was not fine. After a good night's soak'n we got up the next
morning, went to Target, and bought a BIG brown plastic tarp. That worked
for water coming in from the top - although sleeping in the tent with that
tarp over us, during any kind of wind, sounded like we'd set up house inside
a snare drum.

....then there was the 'flood from below' on our last night. Ahh, good times!

I run into tent-mate Connie all the time. She laughs ...I think so as not to
cry. g

Montblack

Old January 26th 06, 01:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning

Jay Honeck wrote:
Blanche wrote:
She can join me in Las Vegas!

1) air conditioning

2) room service

Vegas is a winter sport. We're planning to partake of its wonders in March.

In July, it's a blast furnace.

I repeat....air conditioning

(I grew up in Phoenix)

Room available for EAA [email protected] Owning 20 July 7th 05 11:09 PM
Anyone Got an Extra Oshkosh Dorm? Jay Honeck Piloting 12 June 26th 05 08:52 PM
'Room Temperature' Anthony Home Built 11 August 23rd 04 07:36 PM
UW-Oshkosh dorm room ...FOR SALE! Montblack Owning 5 July 26th 03 04:56 AM
UW-Oshkosh dorm room ...FOR SALE! Montblack Piloting 5 July 26th 03 04:56 AM