lx9000 task input

Old April 18th 12, 07:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
David Crowson

Default lx9000 task input

Iam trying to persuade the syndicate to buya lx 9ooo, does anyone know
about inputting tasks via the sd card, is it straight forward via a laptop
or even a pda. I do know it is the same as the 8000 but that leaves me none
the wiser

Old April 18th 12, 08:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie Papa[_2_]

On Apr 18, 2:02*pm, David Crowson wrote:
Iam trying to persuade the syndicate to buya lx 9ooo, does anyone know
about inputting tasks via the sd card, is it straight forward via a laptop
or even a pda. I do know it is the same as the 8000 but that leaves me none
the wiser

I have the 8080. Task input is very intuitive and fast, (previous
experience the 7007 igc Pro, - much more complex), right in the
instrument. In consequence, I have not even tried to input from the
card. You'll love it; - I do, the whole thing!
Old April 18th 12, 10:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig Lowrie

Bit off topic, but do you think the 8080 screen is big enough...?.. I have
flown with the LX8000 and it was fine, but to fit in my glider means
cutting the panel up a bit...

Appreciate any feedback...

Craig

Old April 19th 12, 02:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi David,

I just recorded a video showing how to enter a task into an LX9000. I will
edit it and make it available in a few days.

You can edit tasks and waypoints in SeeYou and open the SeeYou.cup waypoint
and task file in the LX9000. I created a waypoint and task file for my
gliderport which includes dozens of tasks. I can then select any one of the
tasks in the LX9000. It makes it easy to pick the right task for a
particular day.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

. com...

Old April 19th 12, 03:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]

On Apr 18, 11:02*am, David Crowson wrote:
Iam trying to persuade the syndicate to buya lx 9ooo, does anyone know
about inputting tasks via the sd card, is it straight forward via a laptop
or even a pda. I do know it is the same as the 8000 but that leaves me none
the wiser

David,

5.7.2 Creating Task
Make sure that at least one way point file is loaded into the LX9000
and that it is checked
and marked as an active way point file. Refer to chapter 5.1.5.1 for
details on how to
upload way point files to the LX9000.
Select task time and press the EDIT button. Enter the task time if
required. Rotate the
lower-right knob to increase time in 15 minute steps and the lower-
left knob to increase task
time in 1 minute steps. Close the task time edit and rotate the lower-
right knob to select the
first empty point.
Press the EDIT button and input a turn point name. Entering a point
name is very straightforward.
Enter the first letter of the task point name using the lower-right
knob. The
“Helper” will show the first way point that matches this letter.
Press Press the CHAR button and the cursor will move to the second
letter. Use the lowerright
knob to select the second letter. If you want to return to first
letter turn the lower-left
knob anticlockwise.
Repeat this procedure until your desired point is selected. Press the
SELECT button to
complete this selection. If you do not know exact name of a point just
select the first letter
and press the SELECT button. Now scroll to the desired point using the
lower-right knob.
Press the SELECT button once more to complete this selection.
The task edit dialogue should now like the screen below. The letter
“S” indicates you
entered the start point.
Move Move the cursor down to the next empty point and repeat the above
procedure until the
entire task is entered.

This is from the Manual and is very straight forward.

Videos are nice but I recommend that anyone using a complicated flight
instrument spend some time with the instrument on your desk with the
manual on the PC.

http://www.craggyaero.com/lx_nav.htm

Craggy Aero LLC is an authorized service center for LXNAV.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com

IGC-approval for LX9000 Flight Recorder with external MOP sensor Ian Strachan Soaring 0 January 10th 12 02:45 PM
M-Nav Gps input ? Mark Courtney Piloting 0 January 18th 11 07:25 PM
FAA ADS-B Out NPRM needs your input Ron Lee[_2_] Piloting 24 November 27th 07 05:06 AM
GTX 327 serial input? weebee Owning 1 December 19th 05 02:04 AM
Aux. Audio Input Eugene Wendland Home Built 1 April 5th 04 04:16 AM