Unknown Cobra trailer fitting

Old October 14th 13, 04:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Freeman

Default Unknown Cobra trailer fitting

Can someone please identify for me what the purpose is of this hole at the front of my 80s vintage cobra trailer. You can see a photo of the front of the trailer at:

http://www.freewil.com/WebGalleries/photos/trailer.jpg
Old October 14th 13, 05:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AJM

On Sunday, October 13, 2013 10:04:44 PM UTC-5, Steve Freeman wrote:
Can someone please identify for me what the purpose is of this hole at the front of my 80s vintage cobra trailer. You can see a photo of the front of the trailer at:

http://www.freewil.com/WebGalleries/photos/trailer.jpg

That looks non-standard to me. At least, my 80's vintage Cobra has no such hole. Perhaps it was added for a charging cable? It looks like a convenient ingress/egress point for living things you don't want in your trailer, so if it were me, I would cover it up.

-Andy
Old October 14th 13, 12:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nigel Pocock[_2_]

At 04:14 14 October 2013, AJM wrote:
On Sunday, October 13, 2013 10:04:44 PM UTC-5, Steve Freeman wrote:
Can someone please identify for me what the purpose is of this hole at

th=
e front of my 80s vintage cobra trailer. You can see a photo of the

front
=
of the trailer at:
=20
=20
=20
http://www.freewil.com/WebGalleries/photos/trailer.jpg

That looks non-standard to me. At least, my 80's vintage Cobra has no
such=
hole. Perhaps it was added for a charging cable? It looks like a
conveni=
ent ingress/egress point for living things you don't want in your

trailer,
=
so if it were me, I would cover it up.

-Andy

A place to put the electics plug to stop it getting full of water when not
in use?

Old October 14th 13, 06:12 PM
dbrunone dbrunone is offline
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Pocock[_2_] View Post
At 04:14 14 October 2013, AJM wrote:
A place to put the electics plug to stop it getting full of water when not
in use?
I think that's it. It's the size of the 8 pin round RV plugs, and has the slot just like the plugs do. I use a 4pin to RV adapter for my truck, this guy probably did too.

2013 Cobra trailer price list needed for TA trailer sale [email protected] Soaring 0 June 22nd 13 02:42 PM
Cheap Cobra Trailer Lights 1998 Trailer on E-bay USA ONLY! flyingmr2 Soaring 4 November 16th 10 02:11 AM
WTB: Cobra Trailer for LS-4 [email protected] Soaring 0 July 31st 08 05:04 PM
Cobra Trailer Soaring 1 September 28th 03 01:14 PM
FS: Cobra Trailer Ed Byars Soaring 0 September 22nd 03 04:47 PM