Jessica Lynch to Marry

Old November 3rd 03, 04:23 PM
Jason Strong

Default Jessica Lynch to Marry

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/nation...ynch%20Wedding

good for her. at least something good came out of Gulf War II. we seem
to forget our humanity in war, but Jessica's story really touched a
lot of lives.

Here's to her happiness and a lasting solution to the volatile
situtation in Iraq.

Jason
Old November 3rd 03, 06:49 PM
Stephen Harding

Jason Strong wrote:

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/nation...ynch%20Wedding

good for her. at least something good came out of Gulf War II. we seem
to forget our humanity in war, but Jessica's story really touched a
lot of lives.

Here's to her happiness and a lasting solution to the volatile
situtation in Iraq.

Was a bit disappointed in Jessica when she was "too busy" to meet with
the Iraqi fellow who led US forces to her rescue.

At least, that's the way the Press presented it here.

I'm certain she's a very busy gal these days, but, she should have
*made* time!

SMH
Old November 4th 03, 02:55 AM
vincent p. norris

On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 13:49:39 -0500, Stephen Harding
wrote:
Was a bit disappointed in Jessica when she was "too busy" to meet with
the Iraqi fellow who led US forces to her rescue.

At least, that's the way the Press presented it here.

That's probably not the whole story. And worse, it may be just rumor.

vince norris
Old November 4th 03, 07:49 AM
killfile

I think if she'd gone back to Iraq to cuddle up to the people that actually
saved her, the Iraqi doctors, she'd be spending her next tour standing guard
on a radar station in the Arctic Circle.

Matt

Old November 4th 03, 03:55 PM
Matt Wiser

Stephen Harding wrote:
Jason Strong wrote:

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/nation...ynch%20Wedding

good for her. at least something good came

out of Gulf War II. we seem
to forget our humanity in war, but Jessica's

story really touched a
lot of lives.

Here's to her happiness and a lasting solution

to the volatile
situtation in Iraq.

Was a bit disappointed in Jessica when she was
"too busy" to meet with
the Iraqi fellow who led US forces to her rescue.

At least, that's the way the Press presented
it here.

I'm certain she's a very busy gal these days,
but, she should have
*made* time!

SMH

The meeting didn't take place because both parties want it to be private:
no cameras, no pesky reporters, no crowds. Only pics taken are what Jessica
and Mohammed take of each other. Bottom line: no photo ops, period.

Old November 6th 03, 07:43 AM
Michael Wise

wrote:
Was a bit disappointed in Jessica when she was "too busy" to meet with
the Iraqi fellow who led US forces to her rescue.

At least, that's the way the Press presented it here.

That's probably not the whole story. And worse, it may be just rumor.

It pretty much is the whole story:

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/South/10/....ap/index.html

Her attorney said she was "too busy with five-day-a-week rehabilitation
from her injuries and commitments related to next month's release of her
book" to meet with the man who played a key role in helping her and the
soldiers with her get out alive.

She lives in Palestine, WV...population 10,000 and probably only a few
square miles in size. That's a pretty small town to be trying to avoid
somebody in. He saved her life and came all the way to her podunk town
to meet her...and one of her excuses not to meet him is book deal ($$)
commitments??

--Mike
Old November 6th 03, 08:29 AM
Tex Houston

"Michael Wise" wrote in message
She lives in Palestine, WV...population 10,000 and probably only a few
square miles in size. That's a pretty small town to be trying to avoid
somebody in. He saved her life and came all the way to her podunk town
to meet her...and one of her excuses not to meet him is book deal ($$)
commitments??

--Mike

Population, entire Wirt County...5,873 (2000).

Tex

Old November 6th 03, 10:17 AM
Cub Driver

Her attorney said she was "too busy with five-day-a-week rehabilitation
from her injuries and commitments related to next month's release of her
book" to meet with the man

She should fire the attorney and hire a public-relations man (person

all the best -- Dan Ford
email: (put CUB in subject line)

see the Warbird's Forum at
www.warbirdforum.com
and the Piper Cub Forum at www.pipercubforum.com
Old November 7th 03, 03:07 AM

Cub Driver wrote:

Her attorney said she was "too busy with five-day-a-week rehabilitation
from her injuries and commitments related to next month's release of her
book" to meet with the man

She should fire the attorney and hire a public-relations man (person

all the best -- Dan Ford

Well, it likely won't matter a hill of beans to her but she just
lost another book sale (I had fully intended to buy it...till
now). Pretty Goddamned callous IMO.
--

-Gord.