Help needed with Flarm cable

Old February 16th 20, 05:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jakob Degn Jensen

Default Help needed with Flarm cable

Hi

I have installed LX8000 1st gen in our glider. I am trying to use a Nano3 as Flarmdisplay, and looking for advice on the connection.

I have the Nanopower connected to 12v, and USB cable to the Nano3.
Next i need a cable from the LX8000 alarm display to the Nanopower RJ45. This is where I am stuck. The RJ45 on the Nanopower is not IGC std.
Does anyone know which wires to connect to which pins?

Thanks!

Old February 18th 20, 09:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Per Carlin

Have you tried to consult the manual?
https://gliding.lxnav.com/wp-content...r0261rev15.pdf
Old February 19th 20, 10:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jakob Degn Jensen

tirsdag den 18. februar 2020 kl. 21.48.37 UTC+1 skrev Per Carlin:
Have you tried to consult the manual?
https://gliding.lxnav.com/wp-content...r0261rev15.pdf

Yes I did off course consult the manual for both LX8000 and Nano3. I quickly understood I could purchase ready made cable that should do the trick, but I wanted to make it myself. So I was looking for advice on the connection, to make sure I got it right. And also it seems it's not only about the correct cable, but also setup in both units to provide the correct data out/in.
Old February 19th 20, 05:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Page 12 of the linked document shows the pin configuration of the
cable.Â* Is that not what you need?Â* I'm assuming you have the tools and
parts required to make your own cable.

--
Dan, 5J