Pinckneyville Pix

Old June 1st 04, 02:33 PM

pacplyer wrote on 5/31/2004 :
Shunmaster wrote in message
Jay Honeck presented the following explanation :
Maybe true for them, but there are hundreds (thousands?) of lurkers here
with far less experience than you.

Consider SHUNNING.

Ah yes, the anonymous Snow****master right on schedule. It's
"shunning" posts like these that cause all the hard feelings around
here in the first place. At least BWB signs his posts as himself.
He's an honest broker. You on the other hand have so many identities
even you can't keep them straight.

Your attempt at crushing free speech is deplorable and very
un-american.

pacplyer - out

Pac,

What a crock!!!!
Please, get your thinking cap on straight.

First off, *YOU* are as ANONYMOUS as they come and could not only be
called a coward for it, but a stunning hypocrite as well.

Secondly... shunning is not a method to crush free speech.
Exactly the opposite is true when coupled with anonymity.

Hypothetically....
Let us say that you got under someone's skin here typing out undeniable
TRUTHS using your real name. Let's also say it offends particular
person(s) sufficiently that it causes them sufficient heartburn to
bring legal action against you for your FREE SPEECH that is known to be
true and correct. Let us further state that they even openly admit the
only reason they are hauling you into court is an attempt to spend you
into the poor house. What would you REALLY do to defend your FREE
SPEECH? We already have your answer, hypocrite. You are here
anonymously, because you are too cowardly to spend a small portion of
your well heeled airline pilot income to take on Internet bullies that
could threaten your right to LEGITIMATE AND TRUE FREE SPEECH!

Bullies are deplorable and unamerican, not me.
From a point of simple and logical economics...
Bullies deserve to be shunned/ignored, don't you think?

P.S.
Honesty, like beauty, is sometimes in the eye of the beholder.

--
This is an automatic signature of MesNews.
Site : http://mesnews.no-ip.com

Old June 1st 04, 03:42 PM
Gary Thomas

Badwater Bill wrote:
Gary Thomas and April were about 20% of who attended PJY
this year and Gary is not a pilot or a builder, neither is April.
Yeah, they are nice folks, but they can't contribute to anything
related to homebuilding or flying. I like Gary and April too, but my
point is they are not the data bases that Pac or O'ring or Jarvis or
Craig Wall are.

Just my opinion.

BWB

Hell Bill,

I don't know if you've noticed but when all the experts and high timers
are telling stories and giving expert advice the only ones that are
really listening are us low time-no
time-wannabe-neverbe-hasbeen-neverbeens.

Most of the folks that need to shine need an audience and the best
audience is the one that thirsts for the knowledge they have to impart
not the one that is thinking about what it wants to say when you shutup
so he/she can top what you just said.

As for drilling a straight hole and setting a rivet I'll take you on any
time any place. I'll have you know that I have set many a rivet
repairing an old aluminum john boat that I used to carry my old
compressor out to the Los Angeles breakwater where I was installing
sensors on the sea floor to measure the permeability of the breakwater
to ocean wave energy. As for composites I think that I can top you. I
have hands on experience designing and building boats using high tech
composites including vacuum bagging, etc. What I'm trying to say is
that I make my living designing and building things. Things that are
alot more complex than an aircraft kit. I don't jump in with helpful
hints in areas where I feel that I can contribute because I don't have
any aircraft building experience and people just like you will feel that
I haven't paid my dues where it counts and they may be right.

I'd love to build and airplane. I'd rather build than fly, truth be
known. I am offering my services to anyone in the Boston area that
might like a willing helper. I don't do epoxy anymore (too allergic)
but machining, welding, hammering, sawing, sanding, fairing, painting
etc., are all within my abilities. If interested you can reach me at
this address.

Just my opinion

Gary Thomas
Old June 1st 04, 07:36 PM
Jim Carriere

"Gary Thomas" wrote in message
snip snip

composites including vacuum bagging, etc. What I'm trying to say is
that I make my living designing and building things. Things that are
alot more complex than an aircraft kit. I don't jump in with helpful
hints in areas where I feel that I can contribute because I don't have
any aircraft building experience and people just like you will feel that
I haven't paid my dues where it counts and they may be right.

You ought to jump in when you have something to contribute. Your experience
and attitude makes you sound like a pretty all-round smart guy.

The worst case is some particular idea may be way different in boatbuilding
than airplane building, which should come out in meaningful discussion...
Oh well, it's not like you are trying to portray yourself as an airplane
expert.

The best possible case is a fresh (to airplane building) idea.

Most likely, something in between, and somebody will read it and think,
"Hey, I hadn't thought of that."

A lot of the best tricks on fixing cars, for example, are the ones that make
long menial tasks (things like stuck bolts) easy. You can't learn stuff
like that from a textbook, you either waste all kinds of time figuring it
out yourself, or, my point- somebody can teach you.

My .02

Old June 1st 04, 08:39 PM
pacplyer

I really can't believe you have a college education "Nobodybird."
Your deductive reasoning is so poor I think you should try to go get
your money back. The real truth is as follows: You are completely
anonymous. I am known to BWB and other posters and colleagues.

But as usual, you misunderstand what's being said. Being anonymous is
not un-American. Ben Franklin used to do it all the time; e.g. "Ms.
Silence Dogood." But Ben used anonymity in a positive way to try to
persuade his town mates into a different line of thinking. You on the
other hand, do it for spite. You constantly change your alias and do
it to suppress the free speech of a single individual whom you
dislike. Your objective is to run him off, allowing your lower
intellect to ascend RAH newsgroup. Your underhanded tactics,
Nobodybird, are despicable. Bill Being a verbal Bully is not enough
justification to run him off. He doesn't physically attack you in the
real world. He doesn't spew forth inexperienced opinions which are
wrong and could get somebody killed. What this really boils down to
is that you don't have enough character to take a little criticism.
It would follow that since you cannot learn from experienced pilots;
you are a poor pilot as well.

You should take your own advice and ignore his posts. But don't try
to convince Jay or anyone else not to respond to open BWB posts
because that's an attempt to stifle free speech. That makes you the
real internet bully here. I guess it's just too threatening for you
to realize that Bill does have friends. Despite Badwater Bill's
shortcomings (and he's got em') he's ten times the American you are.
I get along with him fine. Try using honey instead of vinegar all the
time.

These are just my opinions only.

pacplyer - out

wrote in message ...
pacplyer wrote on 5/31/2004 :
[...]

From a point of simple and logical economics...

Old June 1st 04, 10:19 PM
Del Rawlins

In pacplyer wrote:

You should take your own advice and ignore his posts. But don't try
to convince Jay or anyone else not to respond to open BWB posts
because that's an attempt to stifle free speech. That makes you the
real internet bully here. I guess it's just too threatening for you
to realize that Bill does have friends.

Pac, you appear to be his last remaining friend on this forum and it is
only a matter of time before he alienates you, too. And I didn't see
any attempt at stifling free speech. All I saw was the opinion, which I
happen to agree with, that if you are going to be critical of people
posting anonymously, then you should have the balls to post your own
real name publicly. I don't care if Badwater Bill or who else knows
your true identity, nor do I care so much who you really are. But if
you insist on being a hypocrite, you should expect to be called one.
You probably have legitimate reasons for keeping your identity to
yourself and most on this newsgroup are okay with that, but don't expect
to be taken as seriously as somebody who hangs their name and
credentials out for everybody to see.

Despite Badwater Bill's
shortcomings (and he's got em') he's ten times the American you are.
I get along with him fine. Try using honey instead of vinegar all the
time.

One is known by the company he keeps.

Del Rawlins-
Remove _kills_spammers_ to reply via email.
Unofficial Bearhawk FAQ website:
http://www.rawlinsbrothers.org/bhfaq/
Old June 2nd 04, 12:50 AM
Del Rawlins

In Morgans wrote:

If I don't agree with Bill or his puppets, I shure ain't gonna hide
from him. I'm gunna try not to let it become personal, too, and argue
on the merits.

The only problem with that approach, is that this entire dispute is
personal down to the core. There are no merits, and nothing to be
gained from it.

Old June 2nd 04, 01:52 AM
Morgans

"Del Rawlins" wrote in message
In Morgans wrote:

If I don't agree with Bill or his puppets, I shure ain't gonna hide
from him. I'm gunna try not to let it become personal, too, and argue
on the merits.

The only problem with that approach, is that this entire dispute is
personal down to the core. There are no merits, and nothing to be
gained from it.

Del Rawlins-

You are right, it has become personal, when names are called. I am done
with it, but you may notice I _did_ refrain from the name calling.

A pity anyone feels they have to enter this realm, and tear it down. Nothing
is gained.
--
Jim in NC

---

Old June 2nd 04, 02:07 AM
Del Rawlins

In Morgans wrote:

A pity anyone feels they have to enter this realm, and tear it down.
Nothing is gained.

Particularly when they could just as easily build it up, if they chose
to do so.

Old June 2nd 04, 03:31 AM

on 6/1/2004, pacplyer supposed :
I really can't believe you have a college education "Nobodybird."
The real truth is as follows: You are completely
anonymous.

You say I am completely anonymous,
yet you know I have a college education.
Are you psychic, just sick or just an off the wall flake?

But as usual, you misunderstand what's being said.

As usual?
I've only been known here for 4 or 5 posts.
I have no USUAL anything, just yet.

Being anonymous is not un-American.

Thank you for repeaing MY position.

You should take your own advice and ignore his posts.

If you will be a little more attentive, you should notice
I have not referenced or replied to any BWB posts.......
i.e. I do ignore/shun him.

But don't try
to convince Jay or anyone else not to respond to open BWB posts
because that's an attempt to stifle free speech.

The single word SHUN should convey but one clearcut objective.
You choose to SPIN it into a major biased ****storm in BWB's
behalf, if you ask me.

That makes you the
real internet bully here.

A bully is a person who is habitually cruel or overbearing,
especially to smaller or weaker people. I'm not habitually
anything since I've just made myself known and as you say..
am COMPLETELY ANONYMOUS.

I guess it's just too threatening for you
to realize that Bill does have friends.

IMO, Bill just lost his last friend, John Ammeter.
You are not his friend. IMO, you are an acquaintence.

Despite Badwater Bill's
shortcomings (and he's got em') he's ten times the American you are.

Again, I am COMPLETELY UNKNOWN to you.
You continue to make a buffoon of yourself, IMO.

I get along with him fine. Try using honey instead of vinegar all the
time.

Please, give this loony tune a rest.
I'm new here.
I've yet to establish any parameters or character base
since as you say.... I am COMPLETELY ANONYMOUS.

These are just my opinions only.

pacplyer - out

Opinions?

We agree at last.