ZZZZ EAA SportPilot promotes ANN and Zoom

Old August 10th 06, 12:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
BobR

Default ZZZZ EAA SportPilot promotes ANN and Zoom

I subscribe to AVWEB

http://www.avweb.com/

and receive a twice weekly news letter by email. Has great links to
feature stories and had a much more depth of news on AirVenture this
year. Liked their photo library and their stories covered more than
just their advertisers.

Ken Finney wrote:
"ChuckSlusarczyk" wrote in message
In article .com,
says...

This really made me angry.

http://www.sportpilot.org/news/060803_ann.html

It was a link from the EAA's eHotline email.

I'll be sending out the appropriate emails and links to John
Osterhout's web page.

Please do the same.

I am sick of Zoomy passing himself of as anything but a lying sack of
****.

I almost fell of my chair when I saw that. I just fired off a letter to
Tom P
this AM I suggest we all dothe same. I can't believe they would endorse
this
phony,someone didn't do their homework at EAA.

See ya

Chuck S

Despite all the obvious issues with Mr. Campbell (and I personally know a
person involved in one of the lawsuits/countersuits), he does run the best
aviation news website I've found. If there is a better one, I'd sure like
to know what it is.

Old August 10th 06, 04:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
John Ousterhout[_2_]

ChuckSlusarczyk wrote:

Hi John
Be sure to write EAA about this mess they need to hear it from members.
And thanks for hosting the zoomland since 1998 ,I can't believe it's been that
long already. Wonder how many hits it's had.

see ya

Chuck
PS say hi to the Misses for me

According to the 2006 webstats ousterhout.net averages about 1,200 hits
a day (45-65 unique visitors) with the Zoom pages consistently the most
clicked.

The missus says hi and that she's anxious to try MuzzleLoader again.

- John Ousterhout -
host of Zoomland since 1998
RAH-15
http://www.ousterhout.net

Old August 10th 06, 12:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
ChuckSlusarczyk

In article .com, Lou says...

Didn't I read that he was escorted out of Sun N Fun by the police from
a request of EAA?
Lou

Actually SnF and EAA are separate orgs. But the Pres of SnF requested the
police remove zoom. I think most members of the SnF board are EAA members. He's
been escorted out 3 times and is now permanently banned from the show.

Chuck S RAH-14/1 ret
"credibility is was always about credibility" .....chuck s

Old August 10th 06, 06:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

I got a lame response from the EAA on this matter. I'll give them a
few more days to research the matter.

John and Chuck, I told them to contact you directly for more info. I
hope that you don't mind.

I'll post the correspondence if the matter is not resolved by the EAA
terminating any affiliation with Zoomy. If they don't boot him out the
door posthaste, I'll be terminating my membership and I encourage other
to do the same.

Anyone else have anything to report?

ChuckSlusarczyk wrote:
In article , Richard Riley says...

You got Tom P's email address? I need to do the same. I won't remain
a member if this stands. I'll just change my annual pilgramage to Sun
n Fun.

I wrote to the editorial dept and they wrote back saying it was forwarded to
Tom. I do have his office phone # and plan on calling in a couple days.
We really need everyone to let EAA know that this was a dumb move .Without
naming names I can say that this decision did not sit well with certain EAA
staff members.

Chuck S RAH-14/1 ret

Old August 11th 06, 02:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
jladd

This is the response I got from the EAA today for the comments I sent
(below):

Thanks for your e-mail. To clarify things a bit, EAA was contacted by
Jim Campbell to supply information to support and advance the sport
pilot/light-sport aircraft movement. As we build and expand the sport
pilot community, it's important to provide accurate information at
every opportunity. This is another chance to do so.

EAA treats its participation in this matter as it would any other
request to provide technical information and expertise to a publisher
developing sport pilot resources. We do not treat it as pro or con. We
will, however, ensure that all material submitted from EAA and produced
is accurate subject to EAA's review process.

Thanks again for the e-mail. If you have any other questions, please
feel free to contact me anytime.

Best,

Dick Knapinski

EAA OSH

920-426-6523

Sent: Wednesday, August 09, 2006 5:20 PM
To: Membership
Subject: Jim Cambell

I quoted the EAA website:

08/03/06 - ANN SPORT PLANE RESOURCE GUIDE INCLUDES EAA TECHNICAL
ASSISTANCE, EXPERTISE

The Aero-News Network's 12th anniversary SportPlane Resource Guide will
feature the technical expertise and experience of the Experimental
Aircraft Association (EAA), the acknowledged leader of the new sport
pilot revolution. Scheduled for publication in 2007, the guide will
offer in-depth information regarding sport pilot certification and
available light-sport aircraft. As the new SportPlane Resource Guide is
developed, EAA will provide guidance on sport pilot/light-sport
aircraft matters; provide information on local and national EAA
programs, such as EAA Chapters, Technical Counselors, Flight Advisors
and its other programs; and assist with outreach to the sport
pilot/light-sport aircraft community.

"Today, EAA is at the forefront of implementing the sport pilot rule,
so its input is invaluable to any effort to inform and educate those
participating in the exciting, new sport pilot community," said Jim
Campbell, Aero-News Network CEO and Editor-In-Chief.

I wrote:

Sir,

You have chosen a most undesireable person to promote LSA and to
associate with EAA. Has anyone at EAA ever looked into Campbells claims
about his background? You can start by asking the staff at Sun N Fun.
Then maybe give Chuck Slusarczyk a call. Finally, have a look at this
site: http://www.ousterhout.net/zoom

As an EAA member I desire that our organization have nothing to do with
Mr. Campbell.

Old August 11th 06, 09:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
who cares?

In article PVxCg.1129270$xm3.1122623@attbi_s21, John Ousterhout wrote:

According to the 2006 webstats ousterhout.net averages about 1,200 hits
a day (45-65 unique visitors) with the Zoom pages consistently the most
clicked.

You should sell advertising.
Old August 12th 06, 02:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Ron Wanttaja

On 10 Aug 2006 18:31:34 -0700, "jladd" wrote:

EAA treats its participation in this matter as it would any other
request to provide technical information and expertise to a publisher
developing sport pilot resources.

Odd. Over the years, I've received extensive support from EAA for my books and
articles, but they've never issued a press release about it....

Ron Wanttaja
Old August 12th 06, 03:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Ron Wanttaja

On 10 Aug 2006 18:31:34 -0700, "jladd" wrote:

EAA treats its participation in this matter as it would any other
request to provide technical information and expertise to a publisher
developing sport pilot resources. We do not treat it as pro or con. We
will, however, ensure that all material submitted from EAA and produced
is accurate subject to EAA's review process.

Dick Knapinski

Look at the bright side, folks: this now makes EAA's deep pockets available to
those who get Zoomed. If Campbell's book "does a CGS" on a company, that
company can sue EAA, since an EAA spokesman has announced the produced content
is accurate per EAA's review processes.

Can't get a contingency-fee lawyer interested in suing Zoom, but I bet they'll
be interested in EAA. Do you think EAA will claim that they weren't aware of
Zoom's past problems?

Ron Wanttaja
Old August 12th 06, 04:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Ron Wanttaja

On Sat, 12 Aug 2006 00:23:10 -0700, Richard Riley
wrote:

Can't get a contingency-fee lawyer interested in suing Zoom, but I bet they'll
be interested in EAA. Do you think EAA will claim that they weren't aware of
Zoom's past problems?

It makes it tempting to go back into business. Maybe set up a
partnership with Chuck, RB Brady and Don Jones just to make it
irresistable.

If you could somehow add Dennis Fetters to the mix, you'd have Zoom on your case
so hard that Lemon Pledge couldn't release him. :-)

Ron Wanttaja

Old August 15th 06, 05:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Juan Jimenez[_1_]

Unfortunately for you, Jim has already published a guide similar to this one
and did a great job of it. The people working on compiling the information
do a great job as well. Aero-News also offers the best news coverage of EAA
activities, bar none. You want to **** in the wind, knock yourself out, but
you're wasting your time.

oups.com...