Israeli Airforce Museum Pics May 2007

Old May 26th 07, 08:13 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Gene S. Park

Default 004; 005; 006

A tank for a tanker. This one had wings:

http://avia.russian.ee/air/russia/antonov_kt.php

Gene

"Paul Elliot" wrote in message
t...
DAN wrote:
Paul Elliot wrote:

DAN wrote:
To test the new radome for the Romanian MiG-21 Lancer upgrade.

Wouldn't it make more sense to test it on the Mig where it has the right
airflow?

And until it does, at all speeds?

Shoot, I don't know. It just looked to me like it was a whole lot of work
making a really weird looking bird for a very limited purpose. But what do
I know? I was a Tank Commander...
:-)

Klankety Klank, I'm a Tank!

--
Heaven is where the police are British, the chefs Italian, the mechanics
German, the lovers French and it is all organized by the Swiss.

Hell is where the police are German, the chefs British, the mechanics
French, the lovers Swiss and it is all organized by Italians.

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/paul1cart/albums/

Old May 26th 07, 09:04 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob Harrington

Old May 26th 07, 09:19 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave Kearton

Bob Harrington wrote:
the Legend of LAX wrote in
:

Paul Elliot wrote:
In pic 006, why in the world would anyone graft the nose of what
looks to be a Mig 21 on to a bizjet?

You mean like this?

Or this?

Boeing should have people to clear up all the miscellaneoous parts left at
the end of a production line, so accidents like this don't happen.

Reminds me of an apocryphal story that's been hanging around here for years,
about our local car assembly plant. Apparently one day in the '70s
they built a car with 2 doors on one side and the single door sports model
down the other.

I know it's true, because a friend of my cousin read it on the Internet.

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Old May 26th 07, 11:42 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Andrew[_5_]

It was (according to the sign near it) the test installation for the IAI
Lavi's radar system. I thought it looked weird enough for a plastic kit
conversion job for later for me.

But yes, it was strange and that's why I took the photo.

Andrew

Old May 27th 07, 06:09 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
the Legend of LAX

Bob Harrington wrote:
the Legend of LAX wrote in
:

Paul Elliot wrote:
In pic 006, why in the world would anyone graft the nose of what looks
to be a Mig 21 on to a bizjet?

You mean like this?

Or this?

Show-off!

--
Dale G Elhardt
Cypress Ca
Old May 28th 07, 03:05 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bruce R

Default 019; 020; 021

"redc1c4" wrote in message

that's a Lavi, IIRC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IAI_Lavi

redc1c4,
here to help? %-)

Interesting. Didn't Canada have a Mach 2 fighter undervelopment during the
50's and 60's that was also canned with pressure from the US govt??

Bruce

Old May 31st 07, 04:57 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
David Pride[_2_]

Default Israeli Airforce Museum Pics May 2007

The IAF never used Avengers. IIRC, three were brought into the country as
cropdusters. I have photos of one painted up in US colors and parts of a
second one hidden back in a revetment. Both were brought to the museum
after being taken out of service as cropdusters.

"DAN" wrote in message
"Andrew-S" I-Still-Hate-Spammers@Sorry-I had-to-leave-for-bit.com wrote:

I never realized the IAF used Avengers and yet there is clearly and an
Avenger in the background..

As far as I know, the IAF never used Avengers.
Those were used as water bombers for firefighting.

Old May 31st 07, 05:41 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Paul Elliot

DAN wrote:
Paul Elliot wrote:

DAN wrote:
To test the new radome for the Romanian MiG-21 Lancer upgrade.
Wouldn't it make more sense to test it on the Mig where it has the right
airflow?
And until it does, at all speeds?

Shoot, I don't know. It just looked to me like it was a whole lot of work
making a really weird looking bird for a very limited purpose. But what do
I know? I was a Tank Commander...
:-)

Klankety Klank, I'm a Tank!

--
Heaven is where the police are British, the chefs Italian, the mechanics
German, the lovers French and it is all organized by the Swiss.

Hell is where the police are German, the chefs British, the mechanics
French, the lovers Swiss and it is all organized by Italians.

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/paul1cart/albums/

That's a little dinky fella! Only 9 tons. Better than nothing though...