Cathay Pacific Airways Cargo Boeing 747-467F B-HUK

Old October 5th 10, 11:24 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob (not my real pseudonym)

Default Cathay Pacific Airways Cargo Boeing 747-467F B-HUK

On 4 Oct 2010 18:43:25 GMT, Jess Lurkin NULL wrote:

"Bob (not my real pseudonym)" wrote in
:

On Sun, 03 Oct 2010 10:14:26 -0700, the Legend of LAX
wrote:

Well then, here you go!

On 10/2/2010 6:33 PM, Dr.Smith wrote:

Cool! Not enough bare metal 747's.

S'more, but digging back quite a ways...

Bob ^,,^

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2002 03 06 160232.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	116.7 KB
ID:	44997
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 747-123 N9666 Braniff SEA 3-79.jpg (104.6 KB, 29 views)
Old October 5th 10, 12:03 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Andrew B

"Bob (not my real pseudonym)" wrote in message

~Really~ crappy shot when I forget to attach it...

This guy is sitting up at Boeing's plant at PAE with an interesting
variation on the paint scheme.

Crappy shot, sorry... No better angle available. The B-52G belongs
to The Museum of Flight in Seattle, who have no room for it. It has
been at PAE for over two decades slowly fading. It has a small dent
in the trailing edge of the left wingtip that matches the one in my
head. Not having peripheral vision can be painful...

Bob ^,,^

I did wonder where the picture was but thought you would notice its absence
in due course.

That's certainly one colour scheme that I have never seen before.

PAE is an interesting looking place, I had a quick look on Google Earth and
saw the B.52 sitting there along with all the other aircraft nearby.
Were you lucky enough to be on the airfield to get that picture, only GE
makes it look like you would have to have been?

--
Andrew B (Cheshire, England)

"Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible."
(Lord Kelvin, president Royal Society, 1895.)
Old October 6th 10, 10:59 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob (not my real pseudonym)

On Tue, 5 Oct 2010 12:03:11 +0100, "Andrew B"
wrote:

"Bob (not my real pseudonym)" wrote in message
.. .

~Really~ crappy shot when I forget to attach it...

This guy is sitting up at Boeing's plant at PAE with an interesting
variation on the paint scheme.

Crappy shot, sorry... No better angle available. The B-52G belongs
to The Museum of Flight in Seattle, who have no room for it. It has
been at PAE for over two decades slowly fading. It has a small dent
in the trailing edge of the left wingtip that matches the one in my
head. Not having peripheral vision can be painful...

Bob ^,,^

I did wonder where the picture was but thought you would notice its absence
in due course.

Did I mention the head injury? Head injury? X^}

That's certainly one colour scheme that I have never seen before.

PAE is an interesting looking place, I had a quick look on Google Earth and
saw the B.52 sitting there along with all the other aircraft nearby.
Were you lucky enough to be on the airfield to get that picture, only GE
makes it look like you would have to have been?

Nope, just peeking through a fence near the new control tower. They
move the B-52 every now and then as space is needed. The delays in
the 787 program have left Boeing short of parking spots, they have
been parking birds in more public areas; the day I was there last week
there were three spanking new EVA Air 777-300s huddled around the
tower on the GA transient ramp.

Bob ^,,^
Old October 7th 10, 09:11 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Andrew B

wrote:

"Bob (not my real pseudonym)" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

Loss of peripheral vision must be difficult, I hope the dent will heal in
time.

There is something very good in being able to see the new aircraft awaiting
delivery.

I used to look forward to Friday (I think it was) afternoons when they test
flew the new HS.748's out from Woodford (EGCD) but it was more than a little
distracting during lessons. Sadly its a much quieter place these days.

Old October 8th 10, 11:55 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob (not my real pseudonym)

On Thu, 7 Oct 2010 09:11:18 +0100, "Andrew B"
wrote:

There is something very good in being able to see the new aircraft awaiting
delivery.

I used to look forward to Friday (I think it was) afternoons when they test
flew the new HS.748's out from Woodford (EGCD) but it was more than a little
distracting during lessons. Sadly its a much quieter place these days.

I miss my days of driving when I could make the loop of Paine Field,
Renton and Boeing Field to catch all the new Boeing toys being
produced. These days, I settle for a summer afternoon sitting outside
The Museum of Flight at BFI hoping something interesting happens.

Bob ^,,^

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	727-294A  SyrianAir  YK-AGB  21204  RNT  4-76.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	140.7 KB
ID:	45028
Old October 10th 10, 04:37 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Andrew B

wrote:

There is something very good in being able to see the new aircraft
awaiting
delivery.

I used to look forward to Friday (I think it was) afternoons when they
test
flew the new HS.748's out from Woodford (EGCD) but it was more than a
little
distracting during lessons. Sadly its a much quieter place these days.

I miss my days of driving when I could make the loop of Paine Field,
Renton and Boeing Field to catch all the new Boeing toys being
produced. These days, I settle for a summer afternoon sitting outside
The Museum of Flight at BFI hoping something interesting happens.

Bob ^,,^

Lovely shot Bob, and quite a line up in the background also.

Old October 11th 10, 12:44 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dr.Smith[_2_]

wrote:

Well then, here you go!

On 10/2/2010 6:33 PM, Dr.Smith wrote:

Cool! Not enough bare metal 747's.

S'more, but digging back quite a ways...

Bob ^,,^

Like that American Airlines 747. Reminds me of that Airport Movie.

Old October 11th 10, 12:49 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dr.Smith[_2_]

"Dr.Smith" wrote in message

Like that American Airlines 747. Reminds me of that Airport Movie.

That reminds me. I few months back I went to an estate sale and picked up a
book called "The Dark Island". The story is about highjackers who highjack
a 747 filled with artwork and other treasure by putting all the passengers
to sleep with a sleeping gas. Sound familiar? This book predates the
Airport movie by several years. That is the information from the inside
cover. Have not had a chance to read the book yet.

Old October 11th 10, 12:53 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dr.Smith[_2_]

Hey I got one of those! Worthless, but just to damn lovable.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0079.JPG
Views:	44
Size:	704.9 KB
ID:	45031
Old October 11th 10, 03:48 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave Kearton[_3_]

"Dr.Smith" wrote in message

That reminds me. I few months back I went to an estate sale and picked up
a book called "The Dark Island". The story is about highjackers who
highjack a 747 filled with artwork and other treasure by putting all the
passengers to sleep with a sleeping gas. Sound familiar?

I sat next to a guy on the way back from Kuala Lumpur that was familiar with
the plot ....

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton