Hello From Port Aransas, on Mustang Island, TX

Old October 24th 10, 12:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
george

Default Hello From Port Aransas, on Mustang Island, TX

On Oct 24, 10:16*am, Mxsmanic wrote:
Jay Honeck writes:
Did I hear that Microsoft is resurrecting the Flight Simulator
franchise?

Rumors only. If it comes back, it will probably be as a game.

Oh dear :-)
Old October 24th 10, 01:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_3_]

On Oct 23, 5:16*pm, Mxsmanic wrote:
Jay Honeck writes:
Did I hear that Microsoft is resurrecting the Flight Simulator
franchise?

Rumors only. If it comes back, it will probably be as a game.

Don't bet the house on it. :-)

Dudley Henriques
Old October 24th 10, 02:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_13_]

Don't bet the house on it. *:-)

Ooooo! OOoOooo! Inside information! Buy Microsoft!

:-)

Seriously, I hope they bring it back, bigger and better. It's a great
tool, and great fun, to boot.
--
Jay Honeck
Port Aransas, TX

Old October 24th 10, 02:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_13_]

Good to hear from you!
Any more tornado stories to share?

Tornadoes? Nope. No more violent weather down here at all, unlike
what we got seemingly every day in Iowa.

Even when we get torrential tropical storms here, it's just hard
(REALLY hard -- like 12" in 24 hours), solid rain. Very little wind,
and no lightning/thunder at all.

It's funny -- everyone warned us about the weather down here in the
Gulf, but I'm here to tell you that Iowa gets pummeled with weather
exponentially worse than we do on Mustang Island.

Until the "Big One" hits, of course. :-)
--
Jay Honeck
Port Aransas, TX

On Oct 23, 5:08*pm, VOR-DME wrote:
In article
,
says...

Just checking in to rec.aviation for the first time in...I don't
remember when.

Anyone still here? * How's everyone been?

Old October 24th 10, 02:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_3_]

Jay Honeck writes:
Did I hear that Microsoft is resurrecting the Flight Simulator
franchise?

Rumors only. If it comes back, it will probably be as a game.

Don't bet the house on it. *:-)

Dudley Henriques

I know the guy who's in charge of the program. Naturally he can't talk
about it due to the NDA, but I can say he's one of the best simulator
talents in the business.
Old October 24th 10, 03:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_13_]

Jay Honeck writes:
Did I hear that Microsoft is resurrecting the Flight Simulator
franchise?

Rumors only. If it comes back, it will probably be as a game.

Don't bet the house on it. *:-)

Dudley Henriques

I know the guy who's in charge of the program. Naturally he can't talk
about it due to the NDA, but I can say he's one of the best simulator
talents in the business.

That's great news, Dudley. I don't fully understand what Microsoft is/
was trying to do with this "fresh start" approach to Flight Simulator
(kinda like "scorched earth" farming, IMHO) -- but if it means we
have an even better product, I'll be happy.
--
Jay Honeck
Port Aransas, TX
Old October 24th 10, 04:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_3_]

Jay Honeck writes:
Did I hear that Microsoft is resurrecting the Flight Simulator
franchise?

Rumors only. If it comes back, it will probably be as a game.

Don't bet the house on it. *:-)

Dudley Henriques

I know the guy who's in charge of the program. Naturally he can't talk
about it due to the NDA, but I can say he's one of the best simulator
talents in the business.

That's great news, Dudley. *I don't fully understand what Microsoft is/
was trying to do with this "fresh start" approach to Flight Simulator
(kinda like "scorched earth" farming, IMHO) *-- but if it means we
have an even better product, I'll be happy.
--
Jay Honeck
Port Aransas, TX
Pathfinder N56993
Ercoupe N94856

It could go that way. I'm not sure. The team seems excited about it
that's for sure. They can't talk really so it's still a crap shoot on
which way things will go. My guess is a composite of some kind.
How deeply this splits up between the actual simulation and "game"
venues will of course either bring in or lose the simulator community.
Old October 24th 10, 02:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Dudley Henriques writes:

Don't bet the house on it.

I don't worry about it too much. I'm still on FS9 and it runs just fine. It
would take huge improvements in realism (not just eye candy) to make me
consider a newer version.
Old October 24th 10, 02:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Jay Honeck writes:

I don't fully understand what Microsoft is/
was trying to do with this "fresh start" approach to Flight Simulator
(kinda like "scorched earth" farming, IMHO) ...

Microsoft has been making substantial mistakes ever since Bill left.
Old October 24th 10, 02:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Dudley Henriques writes:

It could go that way. I'm not sure. The team seems excited about it
that's for sure. They can't talk really so it's still a crap shoot on
which way things will go. My guess is a composite of some kind.
How deeply this splits up between the actual simulation and "game"
venues will of course either bring in or lose the simulator community.

Simmers are far less numerous than gamers, so the business decision would be
to go with a game.

On the other hand, a game based on flying airplanes is unlikely to achieve any
real popularity. That's not what teenaged boys want (at least most of them).