UFO's - adamski3.jpg (1/1)

Old May 4th 07, 05:14 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Grumpy AuContraire[_2_]

Default UFO's - adamski3.jpg (1/1)

CWO4 Dave Mann wrote:
I love to look at my Google Earth showing Area 51. I have a 21" LCD
monitor with my Linux box "The Mighty Wurlitzer" and you may be sure
that I have been over every inch. Can't see under ground, however, to
the Great Hive.

Oh well.

Hey Dave, izzat the only "Mighty Wurlitzer" in them thar' Tennessee hills?

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3Den%26sa%3DG

JT

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PPAC.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	10.6 KB
ID:	11148
Old May 4th 07, 08:33 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
CWO4 Dave Mann

Grumpy AuContraire wrote:

CWO4 Dave Mann wrote:
I love to look at my Google Earth showing Area 51. I have a 21" LCD
monitor with my Linux box "The Mighty Wurlitzer" and you may be sure
that I have been over every inch. Can't see under ground, however, to
the Great Hive.

Oh well.

Hey Dave, izzat the only "Mighty Wurlitzer" in them thar' Tennessee hills?

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3Den%26sa%3DG

JT

Well Howdeeee!
Not that beautiful instrument, just my own little computer system ...

Cheers!

Dave

Old May 5th 07, 12:19 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Grumpy AuContraire[_2_]

CWO4 Dave Mann wrote:

Grumpy AuContraire wrote:

CWO4 Dave Mann wrote:

I love to look at my Google Earth showing Area 51. I have a 21" LCD
monitor with my Linux box "The Mighty Wurlitzer" and you may be sure
that I have been over every inch. Can't see under ground, however,
to the Great Hive.

Oh well.

Hey Dave, izzat the only "Mighty Wurlitzer" in them thar' Tennessee
hills?

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3Den%26sa%3DG

JT

Well Howdeeee!
Not that beautiful instrument, just my own little computer system ...

Cheers!

Dave

Hey... I'm a happy camper here in Austin runnin' an ancient G4 400 but
the best part is the 22" Samsung recently acquired wide screen. Tons of
"acreage" to put stuff!

JT

Old May 5th 07, 12:19 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Byron Covey

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PA310004.JPG
Views:	42
Size:	371.2 KB
ID:	11167
Old May 5th 07, 03:54 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
William Hughes

On Fri, 04 May 2007 23:19:27 GMT, in alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Grumpy AuContraire wrote:

Hey... I'm a happy camper here in Austin runnin' an ancient G4 400 but
the best part is the 22" Samsung recently acquired wide screen. Tons of
"acreage" to put stuff!

Only one screen? I've got paired 17s here in San Antonio; one LCD, one
CRT. Set 'em at high-res, quarter the screens and I have eight
applications up and running simultaneously.
--
Oh we got a new computer but it's quite a disappointment
'Cause it always gave this same insane advice:

"Little Teeny Eyes" by Tom Digby - http://www.well.com/user/bubbles/LilTEyes.txt
Old May 5th 07, 04:03 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
William Hughes

On Fri, 4 May 2007 19:19:38 -0400, in alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
"Byron Covey" wrote:

Obviously a fake - no grounding wire, no tie downs, no chocks, no fire
extinguisher...

Old May 5th 07, 04:15 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Al Grey[_2_]

On Thu, 03 May 2007 20:50:31 -0500, CWO4 Dave Mann wrote:

Al Grey wrote:
On Thu, 03 May 2007 14:05:22 -0500, CWO4 Dave Mann wrote:

Al Grey wrote:
http://www.fantastic-plastic.com/INV...UFO%20PAGE.htm

Meant to suggest a classic "UFO," the Invaders' Saucer was clearly
inspired by the "Venusian" saucers photographed by self-proclaimed
alien abductee George Adamski who published several books about his
cosmic adventures during the late 1940s to mid-1950s. It was
subsequently revealed that the "Venusian" spacecraft he'd photographed
was actually part of an automatic chicken-feeder.

- 30 -
Mr Adamski was a really affable and friendly old man when I met him. My
mother knew him from the Point Loma Theosophy Society in San Diego.

Hi Dave!

Yeah, Adamski was deeply into all things 'unusual' for many years:

"In 1921 he lectured philosophy in California. Adamski founded the
monestary of the 'Royal Order of Tibet' at Laguna Beach in 1934, where he
taught 'Universal Laws' and 'Universal Progressive Christianity'. At this
time his students gave him the title 'Professor'. For the record, Adamski
never claimed to be an academic professor."

As the last sentence illustrates, he was an odd mixture. He made his wild
claims, yet never really tried to milk it dry. He really didn't have to.

He /did/ receive preferential treatment from certain 'official'
organizations, but my personal feeling it that this was part-in-parcel
with the Batelle Institute's study of 1952(?), whose recommendation was to
'demystify' the UFO problem. Focusing on the wild and unsupported claims
was part of this, and ignoring or 'pseudo-explaining' truly puzzling cases
(especially from military sources, primarily from the USAF and other
airborne sources) was an integral part of this.

And it worked all too well.

After he wrote his "Inside" book we drove up to Alpine, CA to visit him.
I was about 12 at the time and was really into reading sci fi. I
can't remember what I talked about but I was absolutely fascinated to
hear his very detailed explanation of his "trip"

Wow! I hadn't thought about that since I don't know when .. thanks for
bringing the Adamski Chicken Feeder into the picture (pun, sorry).

This is another interesting l'il episode like the chicken feeder:

"The Water Cooler Episode of 1975

"A sizable photograph in the London Evening News of September 19th, 1975,
depicted the chairman of the British UFO Society, Mr. Rogers holding up
the top of a bottle cooler discovered by an associate Mr. Lawrence,
acquired in an Italian restaurant in London. Apparently the lid or shade
of this device was similar in shape to the famous "Bell Shaped Scout
spacecraft" photographed all the over the world and by the late George
Adamski. Claiming disappointment and disillusionment, the implication was
made that Adamski had used such a bottle cooler, constructed in Wigan,
Lancashire, as the model for his pictures.

Adamski skeptics and detractors, alongside a grateful Press greedily
seized the opportunity to once again rush to judgment and debunk both
Adamski and the entire subject.

Evening News: "Flying saucer phoney & how he did it."
Evening Standard: "The lid comes of a UFO mystery."
Scottish Daily News: "Flying saucer made in Wigan."
Daily Mirror: "The UFO made in Wigan."
Northampton Chronicle: "UFO found in London."

However, on the September 20th broadcast of the BBC Radio News Magazine, a
Mr. Frank Nicholson, a refrigerator engineer, came forward proving that he
was the actual designer of the bottle cooler in question. Having designed
it in 1959, at least six years after the first publication of the Adamski
photographs, Nicholson contended that he actually used the Adamski photos
as the inspiration for his invention and definitely not the other way
around, as so erroneously and irresponsibly implied.

Only two Papers were responsible enough to print retractions. On September
23rd issue of the Daily Mirror printed, " The famous flying saucer picture
is not a fake at all." And the September 22 issue of the Bristol Evening
Post ran, " Down to Earth with a bang."

OK, back to reality!

I have not posted any UAP (Unidentified Aerial Phenomena) reports here,
and certainly would not unless asked. But I do work closely with a /very/
good and serious air-safety organization called NARCAP (National Aviation
Reporting Center on Anomalous Phenomena)

http://www.narcap.org/

and will post a very brief note and link when they are finished with their
O'Hare Case (November 7, 2006) Report, which is only awaiting a late FOIA
document.

The site is interesting, and the O'Hare report promises to be as well,
especially in the way the FAA and other official agencies handled it (or
didn't), at least publicly.

Thanks much for the message, Dave!

We now return you to your regular verifiable aircraft, which are already
in progress -- everywhere!

"Al"

:^)

Thanks for the also interesting reply to my reply ....

I love to look at my Google Earth showing Area 51. I have a 21" LCD
monitor

I've got a 21.4" !

with my Linux box

That too!

"The Mighty Wurlitzer"

Yeah, that was a Wurlitzer slogan, as was "Gee, Dad, it's a Wurlitzer!"

However, "The Giant Wurlitzer" was/is the CIA's affectionate name for the
New York Times, because "They'll play any tune we ask them to." Not a
comforting thought.

and you may be sure
that I have been over every inch. Can't see under ground, however, to
the Great Hive.

Oh well.

Cheers,

Dave

What I want to know (and likely never will) is what these bedeviling
huge Triangular things are. About half seem to be just-around-the-corner
earthbound technology -- even Aviation Week has suggested a Skunkworks
anti-grav discovery -- and the other half, absolutely not, unless we also
discovered transmogrification.

Take care, fellow Penguin Rider!

Al

(Someday I'll be 'A1')

Old May 5th 07, 01:29 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bruce R

"Byron Covey" wrote in message

Nice BBQ grill !

Bruce R

Old May 5th 07, 05:47 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
CWO4 Dave Mann

Al Grey wrote:
[...]

There are so many backgrounds for the screen .. this is my background of
the week. Someplace in Europe I think.

Cheers,

Dave

Old May 6th 07, 03:25 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
john smith[_2_]

In article ,
Grumpy AuContraire wrote:

Hey... I'm a happy camper here in Austin runnin' an ancient G4 400 but
the best part is the 22" Samsung recently acquired wide screen. Tons of
"acreage" to put stuff!

Beige G3/333 with an ACER 22" LCD, here.