It was 38 years ago today...........

Old July 21st 07, 04:27 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Mitchell Holman[_2_] Mitchell Holman[_2_] is offline
Banned

Default It was 38 years ago today...........

"Bruce R" wrote in news:46a13b15$0$16596
:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...moon_walk.html

Do you remember where you where when Neil walked on the moon??

Busy applying to colleges. Spend much of the
preceding years following all the launches and
spacewalks closely, sending off to NASA for all
the brochures and press releases. Living in Houston
at the time will do that to you, what with all the
hoopla over "Space City" and the "Astrodome" and
all that............

Old July 21st 07, 06:16 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Lonnie

BTW, I was 12 when Neil took that "small step," and I was in 1st grade when
JFK was killed and 9/11 I was sitting in front of my television watching in
absolute shock.

--

Chaplain (COL) Lonnie J. Potter
National Recruiting Coordinator
"Bob" wrote in message
On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 18:52:21 -0400, "Bruce R"
wrote:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...moon_walk.html

Do you remember where you where when Neil walked on the moon??

Korat RTAFB, Thailand. F-4Es..
The day JFK died - Glasgow AFB, Montana B-52Ds.

Old July 21st 07, 06:20 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Jon Brunker

And thank God that he was sacked - complete with the most incompetent
government this country has ever seen!!!

Old July 21st 07, 06:36 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
The Old Bloke[_5_]

"Jon Brunker" wrote in message
u...
And thank God that he was sacked - complete with the most incompetent
government this country has ever seen!!!

I agree, but it was a momentous day. I didn't think it could happen.

Old July 21st 07, 06:41 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Andrew-S

I was 4 or 5 and I was dumbfounded to learn that space flight wasn't like it
was in the cartoons... I kept asking about the guns they carried, and if
the had rockets to defend themselves against the bad men in outerspace.
The place was my parents house at Driglington in Yorkshire, England.

Not long after that we moved to America and I remember crying my eyes out
that two of my best friends woudn't be joining us... My Dad's car (a Ford
Anglia) and my super sized teddy bear, (the damned thing would have needed
an extra seat on the plane) and the airline was BOAC.

Andrew

"Bruce R" wrote in message
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...moon_walk.html

Do you remember where you where when Neil walked on the moon??

--

Bruce R

Landing: A controlled mid-air collision with a planet.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg WashingtonDC-Night-002.jpg (146.5 KB, 34 views)
Old July 21st 07, 06:56 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
TacAN

And those bitter and ominous words by Gough Whitlam etched into Australian
history ....

Well may we say "God Save The Queen. Because nothing will save the Governor
General"

Graham
--
news

Old July 21st 07, 07:47 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave Kearton

TacAN wrote:
And those bitter and ominous words by Gough Whitlam etched into
Australian history ....

Well may we say "God Save The Queen. Because nothing will save the
Governor General"

"...from himself"

Graham

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Old July 21st 07, 08:15 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
TacAN

"Dave Kearton" wrote in message
TacAN wrote:
And those bitter and ominous words by Gough Whitlam etched into
Australian history ....

Well may we say "God Save The Queen. Because nothing will save the
Governor General"

"...from himself"

:-D true!!

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Old July 21st 07, 12:22 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dallas[_2_]

I was a very bleary eyed 9 year old who's mom was nice enough to let him
stay up late and see it live on tv.......

Old July 21st 07, 12:43 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Chezelwig

I was in summer school at college. I watched on someone's TV, but I was
so into my own little world that what was going on didn't quite click.