Yenc

Old April 28th 09, 02:32 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Fabio

Default Yenc

That's a pretty good solution. Thanks for the advice.
I've still some lay-out problems I'm trying to overcome thou. I know there
are drives of all sizes and for all pockets.
ciao
Fabio
"Clairbear" ha scritto nel messaggio
"Fabio" wrote in
:

The problem is not only Yenc! And Yenc is a problem because I do not
want to add a yenc reader on my already overcrowded old PC. But that
is my problem. When somebody floods the group with a lot of pictures
in most of the cases not more than one half of the pieces show on my
PC. There are always some parts missing and it is impossible for me to
open the damn things with whatsoever software. I lose this way many
pics and who posted them, for me to see them, wasted his time. Thanks
to Mitch and all those who continue to post simple Jpg etc. I lost
all of Br'er Rabid o and most of J3
So is up to you.
ciao
Fabio

"Clairbear" ha scritto nel messaggio
"John Crawford" wrote in news:cZ3Il.65112$LA7.36474
@newsfe20.iad:

Do you have to flood the group with this crap

John yenc is not a problem if you use a news reader like xnews

Simple solution get another HD I use multiple external drives to store
every thing

Old April 30th 09, 09:02 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Elmo von Thud

On Thu, 23 Apr 2009 14:12:55 -0600, "John Crawford"
wrote:

Do you have to flood the group with this crap

The best solution to this problem for you would be to go back to
sleep.

Elmo
Old April 30th 09, 11:30 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Herman

"Elmo von Thud" schreef in bericht
wrote:

Do you have to flood the group with this crap

The best solution to this problem for you would be to go back to
sleep.

Elmo

The best solution really is for the nerds to stop flooding NG's with encoded
crap.
Just post pictures, thank you very much.

Regards,
Herman

Old May 1st 09, 01:05 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Lee[_2_]

Sj wrote in
news
On Fri, 1 May 2009 00:30:50 +0200, "Herman"
wrote:

"Elmo von Thud" schreef in bericht
. ..
wrote:

Do you have to flood the group with this crap

The best solution to this problem for you would be to go back to
sleep.

Elmo

The best solution really is for the nerds to stop flooding NG's with
encoded crap.
Just post pictures, thank you very much.

Regards,
Herman

Well, seems you have to have some
sort of 'encoded crap' (your words ;-)

MIME, UUencode, yEenc ... which
would you like?

My news reader handles all 3 ...

Seamlessly, at that

Course, you could always stay away
from the binary ngs ...

Sj,

Herman, your problem is easily noted your header:

"Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5512"
"MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.5579"

MSOE is NOT a newsreader. And MicroSoft doesn't care.
Of course this has been falling on deaf ears in here for ages.
Count me as one of the happy few who has NEVER used MSOE.
Without MSOE, my virus software doesn't get much of a workout.

(Herman, that means that over the past several years, at least
75% of various iterations of viruii/malware has been designed
to attack MSOE)

A five minute fix to most newsgroup problems has been offered,
but this one group, out of over 85,000 that I have, refuse to
move out of the 80's and at least into the 90's.
Amazing stridency.
Old May 1st 09, 02:24 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
hielan' laddie

On Thu, 30 Apr 2009 18:30:50 -0400, Herman wrote
(in article me.nl):

wrote:

Do you have to flood the group with this crap

The best solution to this problem for you would be to go back to
sleep.

Elmo

The best solution really is for the nerds to stop flooding NG's with encoded
crap.

All pix are 'encoded crap', USENET runs as text-only. Any binary _must_ be
encoded to be posted to USENET. Your problems include the fact that MSOE does
not handle certain types of encoding.

You may:

1 get an add-on for MSOE which can handle that encoding

2 get a real newsreader, which can handle that encoding

3 avoid downloading files encoded with methods you can't decode

4 bitch and moan.

If you pick 1 or 2, you will get the pix. If you pick 3, you will avoid
downloading something you cannot use. If you pick 4, I will get to laugh at
you.

Pleas pick 4.

Just post pictures, thank you very much.

All pix posted _are_ encoded in some way, you ignoramus.

And you don't get to say how other people post. If you don't like the post,
don't download it, or better yet, apply your killfile... oops, MSOE is
severely lacking in filtering ability, too. Sucks to be you...

Old May 2nd 09, 05:44 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
John Crawford

Doesnt work to well with Vista

--
John Crawford

Edmonton Alberta

For every action there is an equal
and opposite government program

Old May 5th 09, 06:28 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Elmo von Thud

wrote:

"Elmo von Thud" schreef in bericht
.. .
wrote:

Do you have to flood the group with this crap

The best solution to this problem for you would be to go back to
sleep.

Elmo

The best solution really is for the nerds to stop flooding NG's with encoded
crap.
Just post pictures, thank you very much.

When you become the undisputed owner and big boss of this news group,
you can make such demands on others. Until then, pleasant dreams
Herman.

Elmo

Old May 5th 09, 07:56 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
hielan' laddie

On Tue, 5 May 2009 14:38:50 -0400, Herman wrote
(in article me.nl):

wrote:

Do you have to flood the group with this crap

The best solution to this problem for you would be to go back to
sleep.

Elmo

The best solution really is for the nerds to stop flooding NG's with
encoded
crap.
Just post pictures, thank you very much.

When you become the undisputed owner and big boss of this news group,
you can make such demands on others. Until then, pleasant dreams
Herman.

Elmo

PLONK

And here's yet one more MSOE user who simply can't handle the truth.

Old May 7th 09, 07:58 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
John Crawford

You can still take this Yenc flood and shove it. I sleep very well at
night's looking at
good Jpeg pics on this newsgroup. Give it a try some times