Yenc

Old June 25th 09, 12:17 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
hielan' laddie

Default Yenc

On Wed, 24 Jun 2009 14:46:16 -0400, Mike wrote
(in article ):

When in Rome do as the Romas do A-Hole

I'm not in Rome. And the Romans can bite me.

"hielan' laddie" wrote in message
On Thu, 7 May 2009 02:58:23 -0400, John Crawford wrote
(in article ):

You can still take this Yenc flood and shove it. I sleep very well at
night's looking at
good Jpeg pics on this newsgroup. Give it a try some times

No prob. You don't want to download YENC-encoded files, fine. It's your
system, your newsfeed, your personal requirements. I certainly can't reach
over to your machine and force you to change. (Well, I could, because I
know
that your IP is 96.52.176.71, and I know you're running Windows, and I
know
you're using MSOE which is a backdoor-infested piece of crap and easily
subverted, but I won't 'cause that would be illegal.)

Just don't try to tell others what they can or can't do. You will be
laughed
at, as you have no power to enforce your wishes.

Some of us post using nothing but YENC for several reasons. These would
include efficiency; YENC makes smaller files than other encoding systems.
And, of course, as those who insist on using MSOE and refuse to get hold
of
the free or cheap methods of reading YENC files from MSOE like to bitch
and
moan about it, every YENC post produces considerable entertainment.

And, again... the 'good Jpeg pics' you like so much are encoded text.
_All_
binaries, including all pics, on USENET are encoded text. It's just that
MSOE
can read some encoding methods but not others.