AN EVENING WITH SEBASTIAN KAWA

Old February 2nd 19, 07:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default AN EVENING WITH SEBASTIAN KAWA

IMPORTANT WEBINAR TIME CHANGE:

Due to time zone issues, we are forced to change the time for this webinar to accommodate Sebastian competing in New Zealand. The webinar date is the same but the new time is 4 hours later:

Date and Time
Tue, Feb 5, 2019 9:00 PM - 10:30 PM PST - 11PM CENTRAL

We are painfully aware that this means midnight for east coast time participants and we are sorry, but this was the only way to make this work. We will be updating the webinar scheduler later today to reflect the new start time and everyone who has registered will get an update email.

The webinar will be recorded and put onto the SSA website within a few days.. We hope you will stay up to participate in this live event.

Thanks!
Bruno - B4
Old February 2nd 19, 09:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

David,

Thanks for lining this up. Kawa is no doubt among the best soaring pilots alive, and it would be great to get his perspective on his training/practice regimens and team preparations, and get a sense for what he feels is necessary to field a competitive team at WGC and SGP competitions.

I also hope to ask him whether he finds himself flying faster in the "run" than his U.S. competitors, and at what point in the lift band does he finds himself getting more conservative to preserve altitude and increase the chances of reaching a thermal that's potentially stronger than the average for the day? Does he notice any difference between himself and his foreign counterparts?

Lastly, did he ever study or look at time-lapse photography to study cloud development/formation/cycling since reading the sky is so important in racing. What does he do to "size up" the day at the beginning of a race? And, what does he do that helps him adjust to changing conditions throughout a race?

Thanks for all your work putting together the SSA Webinar Series.

- Chris Schrader
Old February 6th 19, 04:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
CindyB[_2_]

Yes. All SSA webinars are recorded, and posted on ssa.org under Member Resources - Webinars. They are also free. Free. For members or public. The webinars only earn Wings credits of you participate in the live sign on. Later viewing does not earn FAA Wings credit. Thanks Dave & Team Webinar....
Old February 6th 19, 06:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

On Tuesday, February 5, 2019 at 7:21:28 PM UTC-8, CindyB wrote:
Yes. All SSA webinars are recorded, and posted on ssa.org under Member Resources - Webinars. They are also free. Free. For members or public. The webinars only earn Wings credits of you participate in the live sign on. Later viewing does not earn FAA Wings credit. Thanks Dave & Team Webinar....

Well, I registered and everything said it was good to go - except it wasn't.. No audio, no action...
Bummer!
Old February 6th 19, 06:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Foster

On Tuesday, February 5, 2019 at 10:05:08 PM UTC-7, 2G wrote:
On Tuesday, February 5, 2019 at 7:21:28 PM UTC-8, CindyB wrote:
Yes. All SSA webinars are recorded, and posted on ssa.org under Member Resources - Webinars. They are also free. Free. For members or public. The webinars only earn Wings credits of you participate in the live sign on. Later viewing does not earn FAA Wings credit. Thanks Dave & Team Webinar....

Well, I registered and everything said it was good to go - except it wasn't. No audio, no action...
Bummer!

Got the audio working just fine, but listening to them, it sounds like they also have a video feed as well? How do we access that?
Old February 6th 19, 06:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kinsell

On 2/5/19 10:11 PM, John Foster wrote:
On Tuesday, February 5, 2019 at 10:05:08 PM UTC-7, 2G wrote:
On Tuesday, February 5, 2019 at 7:21:28 PM UTC-8, CindyB wrote:
Yes. All SSA webinars are recorded, and posted on ssa.org under Member Resources - Webinars. They are also free. Free. For members or public. The webinars only earn Wings credits of you participate in the live sign on. Later viewing does not earn FAA Wings credit. Thanks Dave & Team Webinar....

Well, I registered and everything said it was good to go - except it wasn't. No audio, no action...
Bummer!

Got the audio working just fine, but listening to them, it sounds like they also have a video feed as well? How do we access that?

All I saw was a ssill picture with a cursor moving around. No audio
from online, listening on the phone.
Old February 6th 19, 06:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Foster

On Tuesday, February 5, 2019 at 10:26:29 PM UTC-7, kinsell wrote:
On 2/5/19 10:11 PM, John Foster wrote:
On Tuesday, February 5, 2019 at 10:05:08 PM UTC-7, 2G wrote:
On Tuesday, February 5, 2019 at 7:21:28 PM UTC-8, CindyB wrote:
Yes. All SSA webinars are recorded, and posted on ssa.org under Member Resources - Webinars. They are also free. Free. For members or public. The webinars only earn Wings credits of you participate in the live sign on. Later viewing does not earn FAA Wings credit. Thanks Dave & Team Webinar.....

Well, I registered and everything said it was good to go - except it wasn't. No audio, no action...
Bummer!

Got the audio working just fine, but listening to them, it sounds like they also have a video feed as well? How do we access that?

I can hear the conversation with GoToWebinar, but am unable to interact with the control panel or ask questions. No video feed or picture options are available though. How do you get access to this?

Old February 6th 19, 07:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Tuesday, February 5, 2019 at 9:38:09 PM UTC-8, John Foster wrote:
[...]

I think you needed to click on the orange arrow top right, that would open up a window with the option to ask a question. That is the only other option available though. What a show!
Old February 6th 19, 09:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Worked fine from Australia.
Tom
Old February 6th 19, 01:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Worked fine in NJ, virtually no lag between the various video feeds considering they are about 1/2 a planet away.