There is a new LXNAV user group on google groups

Old March 10th 19, 03:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

Default There is a new LXNAV user group on google groups

There is a new LXNAV user group on google
Old March 12th 19, 04:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Piet Barber

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!fo...nav-user-group
Old March 16th 19, 04:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net

I am working with Jon St. Cloud, the owner of this LXNav group, to help set it as best as possible during it infancy.

A comment and a question;

First, we'd like to try as much as possible to keep SPAM artists out of the group as sometimes unfortunately infest RAS. SPAM is a tricky word - this is about someone messaging totally off topic - this it not about someone messaging LXNav related stuff that you might disagree with. We believe that all new members should be approved right away, but if they truly are SPAMMING the group their membership should be revoked.

Second, should anyone/everyone be able to view the contents of this new group without first becoming a member? Of course, non-members will not be able to post to the group nor see the membership. This everyone-can-view is the default setting for new Google groups and is currently active for this group. I can think of one reason why this should be true - to allow prospective members that might stumble onto the group to get an idea of what the group is talking about.

What say you? Any other new Google Group best practices?

Thanks, John
Old March 16th 19, 09:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Hi, I would like to join - what do I have to do?
Old March 16th 19, 10:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Allowing others to view posts but not ID’s seems reasonable to me.
Chuck
Old March 17th 19, 12:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net

Simply go to https://groups.google.com/forum/#!fo...nav-user-group and click on the blue "Apply to join group" box near the top of the page. Thanks!
Old March 17th 19, 06:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Surge

Why use a news group when a forum allows features like being able to attach or embed images, video clips, documents, etc?

Also allowing someone to post as soon as they have registered won't stop spam bots which generate random fake accounts.
Old March 17th 19, 12:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Rob Cluxton[_2_]

I can view all the posts but I don’t get a “join” button on the group?

Rob “4D”
Old March 17th 19, 12:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Same here Rob. I suspect they’ve geo-blocked it for non-US users. I’ve had to use a VPN to be able to post this. A bit of a shame when it’s a global sport and we’re discussing Slovenian products! (LX)

CJ
B3
Hong Kong, Australia & Pennsylvania
Old March 17th 19, 12:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Doh, the reply above was outside the group. The inability to join or reply remains.

CJ