Why aren't bars more common at US soaring sites?

Old October 29th 15, 05:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

Default Why aren't bars more common at US soaring sites?

Dan's post below regarding auto tows opens the door for another cool-weather wind-up.

Clubs about everywhere else are well stocked with beer and wine.

In Moriarty, there's a brewery not far off the airport.
In Tehachapi the brewery is closer to the municipal airport.
But what about on-site?
Jim

On Thursday, October 29, 2015 at 8:54:23 AM UTC-7, Dan Marotta wrote:
I'll even have a nice, cold
Alien Ale for you (really, it's a local brand in Moriarty).

Regards,

Dan

Old October 29th 15, 06:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Hmmmm....lack of bars and breweries on soaring sites is probably why we don't do much auto towing and why our Junior pilots aren't competitive. Nothing like a good Martini on those windy marginal days.

Chuck Z
Old October 29th 15, 07:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruce Hoult

On Thursday, October 29, 2015 at 8:42:54 PM UTC+3, JS wrote:
Dan's post below regarding auto tows opens the door for another cool-weather wind-up.

Clubs about everywhere else are well stocked with beer and wine.

In Moriarty, there's a brewery not far off the airport.
In Tehachapi the brewery is closer to the municipal airport.
But what about on-site?

My club in NZ has always had a bar in the clubhouse. The store room is locked until the towplane is put away.
Old October 29th 15, 09:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Bruce,

Adult beverages are consumed at our club too, but as you said, only after the towplanes are put away and the hangar door is closed.

Chuck Z
Old October 29th 15, 09:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

Because US soaring sites are not in Ireland nor are they yachting clubs

Old October 30th 15, 04:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike the Strike

....and if I remember correctly, a required piece of bar equipment is a high stool equipped with stick and rudder pedals for on-the-spot sobriety checks!

Mike
Old October 30th 15, 10:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler

Actually a great point. I dont think many here have the ability to comprehend this...so Ill leave it at...great point.
Old November 2nd 15, 12:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper[_4_]

We ain't got no bars round the glider port, they're all up the mountain a fixin' to hibernate.

bumper
Minden, NV
Old November 2nd 15, 01:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler

Rule#1 - Bar doesn't open until all gliders are home and accounted for...