Chinese (and other) pilots unable to speak English pose danger for air travel (CNN)

Old July 13th 07, 03:10 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting
El Maximo

Default Chinese (and other) pilots unable to speak English pose danger for air travel (CNN)

"d.g.s." wrote in message

After deleting unnecessary words, you get:

Anthony ("Mxsmanic") certainly meets the criteria for low level rubbish,
yes.

Old July 13th 07, 07:07 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting
dgs[_2_]

"William Black" wrote in message

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
William Black writes:

And about two thirds of them are in India...

No, they are spread around the world. Most Indians are not usefully
fluent in
English.

You must tell us all about your personal experiences in India.

*crickets*
--
dgs

Old July 14th 07, 06:06 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

AES writes:

I suspect this may be what used to be known as TOEFL [Test of English as
a Foreign Language] ...

Your suspicion is incorrect. The TOEFL is a different test.

If so, I suspect the change in nomenclature was a matter of political
correctness.

See above.

The TOEIC is business-oriented; the TOEFL is oriented towards academia.
Old July 19th 07, 09:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

TMOliver writes:

Other than in South Louisiana (and then with mixed and amusing
result), I certainly wouldn't try that progression in the US (and if
you think so, it's even more obvious how "out of touch" you are.

This statement seems supremely ironic, given that I was talking about
the _entire world_ ... not just the U.S. The United States is only a
very tiny part of the world, and it is not at all representative.

Doesn't mot the point, fjukkwit

Bertie
Old July 19th 07, 09:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

William Black writes:

Just about everyone I met under about thirty in Bombay spoke some
English, including kids working in cheap restaurants, who are, as
you're probably aware, just in from the villages and making their
way for the first time.

"Some English" doesn't really count. Give these acquaintances of
yours a TOEIC and you may be surprised.

Ironic coming from someone with such a limited command of language such as
yourself.

Bertie