IPAQ Repairs and Accessories

Old June 9th 09, 03:56 AM
RDC RDC is offline
Junior Member

Question IPAQ Repairs and Accessories

Hi,

I have 3 IPAQs with dead internal batteries. Is there a reliable source for replacement internal batteries?

A web search turns up a site that reports spares for a number of models but no response on order queries.

Canadian based supplier a bonus but not a requirement.
Old June 9th 09, 08:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Win Pilot Wind readout

On Jun 8, 7:47*pm, RDC wrote:
Hi,

I have just loaded Win Pilot ver10.02 and it works just fine except I
get no wind calculation regardless of how much circling I do.

Has anyone experienced this problem?

I loaded the program on a second IPAQ with the same issue.

--
RDC

You may want to try the latest version 10.06. Are you using PRO or
ADV? I am using PRO with 302 and the wind calculation is working
(albeit not updated instantly as expected).
However there are issues in 10 with SUA. Touch/SUA is no longer
working for Class B,C,D, and SUA warning is not alwasy working for
restricted areas especially if they are within MOA.

For that reason I wanted to downgrade to an earlier 9 version when the
above was working fine, but the earliest version on the web site is
9.11. If anyone has the instalation file for 9.02 or 9.03 I'll be
happy to use it.

Ramy
Old June 9th 09, 06:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On 9 June, 03:47, RDC wrote:
Hi,

I have just loaded Win Pilot ver10.02 and it works just fine except I
get no wind calculation regardless of how much circling I do.

Has anyone experienced this problem?

I loaded the program on a second IPAQ with the same issue.

--
RDC

Did the same, paid for update to v10 for new pda. airspace worked very
badly...giving alerts for airspace miles away etc. Sierra Skyware did
not reply to my emails so it is now in the bin....money would have
been better spent on SeeYou.

Jim
Old June 9th 09, 10:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Jun 9, 12:41*am, wrote:
On Jun 8, 7:47*pm, RDC wrote:

[...]

I received an earlier version. Thanks to all who offered.

Ramy
Old June 10th 09, 01:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Peter[_4_]

Sierra Skyware is "very good" at not getting back to most of us mortals. Try
Richard at Craggy Aero. He is helpful, and a good guy. PeterK