ASG29 Panel (small) layout ideas for ClearNav II installation

Old December 23rd 15, 12:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler

Default ASG29 Panel (small) layout ideas for ClearNav II installation

If anyone has any recent CAD or sketches of CNII instrument layouts in an ASG29 with the smaller panel size, I would be appreciative. Examples of completed installs are very welcomed as well.

If I do this, I have not decided if I would do both varios (nav diplay or needle) or just one.

I understand that this panel is a VERY tight fit for the ClearNav display in panel and will require all 57mm instruments to work.

Any insight, experinece or ideas are welcomed.

I may have a metric airspeed (ASG29, winter, 57mm), metric vario (winter, 80mm with 29 speed ring) and a FLARMVIEW for sale shortly. Let me know if you are interested.

Thanks in advance,

Sean

Old December 23rd 15, 05:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler

Thanks to all for the numerous emails and photos and info!

Still not sure about ClearNav or LX or keeping my SN10.

Sean
Old December 23rd 15, 02:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Muttley

On Wednesday, December 23, 2015 at 4:44:45 AM UTC, Sean Fidler wrote:
Thanks to all for the numerous emails and photos and info!

Still not sure about ClearNav or LX or keeping my SN10.

Sean

Hi Sean
check this out
http://www.alexander-schleicher.de/e...nbrett-layout/
Bruno
Old December 23rd 15, 02:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I have the small panel with a LX9000, would my layout be any help for you? It was also very tight and only possible by modifying the Winter instruments anbit.
Old December 23rd 15, 02:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ND

On Tuesday, December 22, 2015 at 6:09:14 PM UTC-5, Sean Fidler wrote:
If anyone has any recent CAD or sketches of CNII instrument layouts in an ASG29 with the smaller panel size, I would be appreciative. Examples of completed installs are very welcomed as well.

If I do this, I have not decided if I would do both varios (nav diplay or needle) or just one.

I understand that this panel is a VERY tight fit for the ClearNav display in panel and will require all 57mm instruments to work.

Any insight, experinece or ideas are welcomed.

I may have a metric airspeed (ASG29, winter, 57mm), metric vario (winter, 80mm with 29 speed ring) and a FLARMVIEW for sale shortly. Let me know if you are interested.

Thanks in advance,

Sean

Hey sean,

I'll send you a photo, a big airspeed and altimeter can be used, but you have to get creative. mine is a 20 naturally, and i can recall how much smaller a 29 panel is, but this general concept in the photo i'll send is worth a look. i never had a problem with the location of the altimeter, especially since the alt. is visible on the clearnav.
Old December 23rd 15, 03:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

You could put the clearnav on a pedestal, see photo showing this on Wings & Wheels (sold, page 7.......Discus 2B). Gets it closer, easier to read and saves buying small ASI, alt, vario, etc.
An option to consider,
JJ
Old December 23rd 15, 07:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler

Thanks Bruno! Cool!
Old December 23rd 15, 07:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler

Thanks . Yes. That would be great to look at.
Old December 23rd 15, 07:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler

JJ,

That is really cool. Thanks!