equipment list?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 5th 07, 09:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.owning
Jim Macklin

Default equipment list?

A real annual is when the AI actual looks at all the details
and the owner wants it done right, not just cheap.

"Tim" wrote in message
| See inline replies.
|
| Jim Macklin wrote:
| An equipment list is required and lists all components
and
| accessories and parts installed, except for the airframe
| itself.
|
| Where is the reg for this? I have not found it yet. Is
there a
| specified format?
|
| A really well done equipment list will include the
| model and serial number for items and not just the name,
| weight and station [location on the airplane]. This
makes
| researching and compliance with ADs much easier.
| The engine, propeller, alternator, magnetos, battery,
| radios, wheels, tires, brakes, seat belts should be
listed.

| But older airplanes did not have a modern POH and the
| owners' handbook would also sometime include a separate
AFM
| and the factory original W&B data should have had the
| equipment list and the FAA should have a copy of that in
the
| registry in OKC. You can then survey the airplane [good
| time to do a real annual]
|
| As opposed to an "unreal annual?" I am not sure what you
mean by this.

| and verify that each item is
| really installed, update to include serial numbers and
| current AD status and add any items that have been added
and
| delete items that are no longer installed.
|
| I am most likely going to base mine on the log book
entries and an
| equipment list from a plane of the same year and model.
|
| thanks, tim
|

| "Tim" wrote in message
| | Mark Hansen wrote:
| | On 03/01/07 21:44, Tim wrote:
| |
| | What is required as far as a formal equipment list
for
| part 91
| | operations? In reading 91.205 and listening to one
| instructor I know, I
| | cannot reconcile what he says with the FARs. He
states
| that an aircraft
| | must have an equipment list. I cannot find an
equipment
| list for the
| | plane I fly regularly. I see partial entries for
| "equipment list" on
| | W&B forms in the plane, but no formal equipment list
| showing all the
| | arms/moments and weights of all the items in the
| aircraft. I have seen
| | examples of this for various aircraft in the POH.
| |
| | I fly an older AA5A and the POH is not even close to
| what I would call a
| | useful document for the airplane. It is very brief,
| contains errors and
| | contains self-contradictory information. I am not
| surprised to seem to
| | be missing a required document.
| |
| | Is this a required document? If so, how can I
recreate
| it or obtain a
| | new one? I was considering recreating from an
account
| of the logs.
| |
| | The manufacturer is no longer in business.
| |
| | Any idea where I would find "equipment list"
| requirements in the regs?
| |
| | thanks,
| | tim
| |
| |
| | There was a recent article by Mike Busch at AVWeb on
| this topic. AVWeb
| | members can see the article he
| |
| |
http://www.avweb.com/news/savvyaviator/194428-1.html
| |
| | If you're not a member already, join! It's free and
| there's lots of great
| | stuff there.
| |
| |

Oxygen equipment Roger Worden Soaring 1 May 9th 05 02:59 PM
For Sale O2 equipment MC Soaring 1 May 4th 05 01:17 AM
ac manufacturing equipment fs Dr. Hibbert Aviation Marketplace 0 May 11th 04 01:48 PM
Equipment List Required Documentation O. Sami Saydjari Owning 9 April 21st 04 02:57 AM
tso equipment Air Methods Corporation Home Built 0 September 21st 03 07:41 PM