Volkslogger Manager help File

Old June 15th 14, 04:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
David Reed

Default Volkslogger Manager help File

I have the VL Manager 4.0 (English Version) as of several years ago. I
finally gave up as although the program itself was in English, the "help"
file was in German. I have tried Googling but have gotten nowhere.

Yes, I have tried and paid for See You but it's documentation is awful IMHO
so I am back trying to figure out the VL. Anyone have any sources?
Certainly there should be a "help" fine in English for an advertised
"English" program?
David Reed

Old June 15th 14, 04:36 PM
Brad Alston Brad Alston is offline
Member

Location: Salt Lake City, UT USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Reed View Post
I have the VL Manager 4.0 (English Version) as of several years ago. I
finally gave up as although the program itself was in English, the "help"
file was in German. I have tried Googling but have gotten nowhere.

Yes, I have tried and paid for See You but it's documentation is awful IMHO
so I am back trying to figure out the VL. Anyone have any sources?
Certainly there should be a "help" fine in English for an advertised
"English" program?
David Reed
David,

While I don't have a source for an English help file, I too have a VL and have spent some time playing with VL Manager. I find the VL to be simple to use. VL Manager on the other hand I find a bit quirky, but usable and fully functional.

As I work through the program I am documenting processes and such. I am happy to exchange notes.

Brad.
alstonbk at comcast dot net
Old June 17th 14, 01:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi David,

Check out the video on how to use the SeeYou Connection Wizard he
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/train...raining-SeeYou Video #43

I think you will find it very helpful.

Beyond that I would be glad to schedule a support session. I could connect
to your computer so I could see your screen and walk you through VL
communication. I charge $60/hour for that service. I think you would find
it worth every penny. You'd be up and running very quickly.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old June 18th 14, 05:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2KA

Having used both, I would say unhesitatingly that the SeeYou Connection Wizard is much easier to use than the VL Manager. Much. Paul's helpful videos should get you started on the right path.

If you are in the US, you can prepare a waypoint database using my website at http://www.soaringdata.info. Go to the Airports tab and follow the link to the US Airport information screen. Then select the "Getting Started" link. There you will find some notes on preparing and loading a waypoint database for the VL with SeeYou.

Lynn Alley
"2KA"
Old July 1st 14, 09:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I am using this: http://www.human-software.nl/en/geops/index.shtml
on my mac, here is the manual for it:
http://www.human-software.nl/geops/G...er%20Guide.pdf

Dennis