Schleicher Power/Solar rotary switch specs?

Old July 7th 14, 05:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

Default Schleicher Power/Solar rotary switch specs?

On Friday, July 4, 2014 1:38:47 AM UTC-5, Ian wrote:
On 04/07/2014 01:08, Steve Koerner wrote:

I think there's a better way to address the problem... Each item on

your panel has an associated double pole, center off power switch.

So every item can be individually connected to one battery or the

other. When you are powering up your panel, you assigned batteries

to the various gadgets in a way that pretty much balances the load.

I have this in my panel. But instead of a whole row of switches I just

have two. The instruments are in two groups, one group on each switch.

Each group can be powered of on or the other battery or isolated completely.

Exactly the system I've been using for the last 14 years, without problems. Even when switching one of the "busses" from a weak battery to the other one, my logger/flight computer hasn't had an issue with the momentary power loss.

Simple and easy to maintain.

Kirk
66
Old July 7th 14, 07:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Wednesday, July 2, 2014 10:26:53 PM UTC-4, John Carlyle wrote:
I took a switch like that out of a friend's ASW-27. The 6-position switch is made by Marquardt, is model 9030.01 and is labeled 4A 30V DC.

-John, Q3

On Wednesday, July 2, 2014 9:11:17 PM UTC-4, noel.wade wrote:

Hello,

Anyone out there have specs/measurements for the rotary switch that Schleicher installs in their newer gliders, to enable switching between batteries?

(see the lower-left part of the panel in this image, as an example: http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviatio.../2/1272229.jpg )

Thanks!

--Noel

Switch available from Bürklin GmbH & Co. KG, Grünwalder Weg 30, 82041 Oberhaching, Germany

https://www.buerklin.com/en/catalog/...2-G357200.html