First Solo

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 15th 06, 05:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
W P Dixon

Default First Solo

Hi Gang!,
Sorry I don't get to check in much on the group, I just find going
through google to be a PITA! Did want to let everyone know that though
the training has been going pretty slow(flew the Cub 3 hours in April).
Finally went and put in 4 hours weekend before last and flew again on
Thursday...and got surprised! My first solo!
My first landing was pretty dern ugly to say the least but figured
out the errors and made corrections and the last two were very nice.
Big difference in how the Cub felt with a CFI in the front versus the
lighter load. So I had the first landing ..a close groundloop! HAHA A
nice wheel landing for the second and a nice stall landing for the
third. All in 10-12 k crosswinds.
I wasn't nervous about the solo, but was sure happy as heck to have
it out of the way! Best part is the new girlfriend had gotten me a 200
flying gift card (so to speak) while I was taking a shower after my
successful solo! A nice dinner in Atlanta at Carraba's for celebration
made for a well done solo day (to me at least!). I'm getting realllllll
close now guys and gals! Hope to go back to Macon and fly again by the
weekend, since I have to help my niece and her hubby move this weekend.

Patrick
aircraft structural mech
student SP

como ganar dinero facil y rapido [email protected] Piloting 0 September 17th 05 11:32 PM
Frst Solo, Non-stop Round the World Airplane Flight Larry Dighera Piloting 7 March 4th 05 03:51 PM
1.4 solo.. Beav Rotorcraft 0 November 5th 04 12:27 AM
Catastrophic Decompression; Small Place Solo Aviation Piloting 193 January 13th 04 08:52 PM