PowerFlarm offers new Version, PowerFlarm Fusion Includes Many newstandard Features!

Old November 23rd 20, 05:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard Pfiffner[_2_]

Default PowerFlarm offers new Version, PowerFlarm Fusion Includes Manynewstandard Features!

I would guess no on the smaller version as it would require a totally new board design and a new FCC certification.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com

Old November 23rd 20, 11:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Cliff Hilty[_5_]

On Monday, November 23, 2020 at 9:45:16 AM UTC-7, Richard Pfiffner wrote:
I would guess no on the smaller version as it would require a totally new board design and a new FCC certification.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com

" 1 board. I doubt it will happen for an end of life product."

Surely they are not going to discontinue the powerflarm core support? A 2000+ Dollar item should last more than 10 years. I wouldn't mind some upgrade costs but making us buy a completely new unit , well they would lose a lot of support.

CH
Old November 24th 20, 12:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard Pfiffner[_2_]

On Monday, November 23, 2020 at 2:51:24 PM UTC-8, wrote:
On Monday, November 23, 2020 at 9:45:16 AM UTC-7, Richard Pfiffner wrote:
I would guess no on the smaller version as it would require a totally new board design and a new FCC certification.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com

" 1 board. I doubt it will happen for an end of life product."
Surely they are not going to discontinue the powerflarm core support? A 2000+ Dollar item should last more than 10 years. I wouldn't mind some upgrade costs but making us buy a completely new unit , well they would lose a lot of support.

CH

Support will not end. Just no more PowerFlarm Cores will be manufactured. The Core has been replaced by the Fusion.

Craggy will continue to offer Service Provider support for the Powerflarm Core

http://www.craggyaero.com/powerflarm_fsp.htm

Richard
www.craggyaero.com
Old November 25th 20, 12:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
S9

Couple dumb questions:
1 should I or need I upgrade from full licensed CORE to Fusion? Why?
2 is there an upgrade pricing path from CORE to Fusion?

Thanks Stephen
Old November 25th 20, 12:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard Pfiffner[_2_]

On Tuesday, November 24, 2020 at 3:01:06 PM UTC-8, S9 wrote:
Couple dumb questions:
1 should I or need I upgrade from full licensed CORE to Fusion? Why?
2 is there an upgrade pricing path from CORE to Fusion?

Thanks Stephen

There is an introductory price of $1526 until Jan 31,2021.

No upgrade path for a PowerFlarm Core.

The Fusion has many new feature including WIFI, enternal range analyzer, connect and cfg with an app on your phone ,etc see brochue for details.

http://www.craggyaero.com/PowerFlarm...20Brochure.pdf

Richard
www.craggyaero.com
Old November 25th 20, 02:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

On 11/24/20 4:46 PM, Richard Pfiffner wrote:
On Tuesday, November 24, 2020 at 3:01:06 PM UTC-8, S9 wrote:
Couple dumb questions:
1 should I or need I upgrade from full licensed CORE to Fusion? Why?
2 is there an upgrade pricing path from CORE to Fusion?

Thanks Stephen

There is an introductory price of $1526 until Jan 31,2021.

No upgrade path for a PowerFlarm Core.

The Fusion has many new feature including WIFI, enternal range analyzer, connect and cfg with an app on your phone ,etc see brochue for details.

http://www.craggyaero.com/PowerFlarm...20Brochure.pdf

Richard
www.craggyaero.com

I considered getting one to replace my PowerFlarm portable. My wife
asked what additional benefit it would provide for $1526. Uhhh... I'm
sticking with my portable.

Oh, and I don't tell me that transmitting on the B antenna is worth that
much.

--
Dan
5J
Old November 25th 20, 03:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
George Haeh

I upgraded to the Core 1.1 because the Flarm website said it can transmit on both antennas.

Color me naïve in my belief that Flarm would be obtaining approval for that capability in North America.
Old November 25th 20, 07:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net

I had asked these questions before but didn't see any response. Lets try again (with some of my own ANSWERS).

- The comment about "Hassle-free upgrade from PowerFLARM Core". What does this mean? Just "move the cables" and its plug and play? Configuration too? IT APPEARS SO.
- Or is there a trade-in discount program which to me is much more "hassel-free"? IT APPEARS NOT.
- The comment about "Updated antenna connectors — all screw-on". It appears that the PowerFLARM Fusion's A/B/ADS-B(1090) antenna connections are identical to the older PowerFLARM Core. Correct? Only the GPS antenna has changed (screw-in versus push-in)? UNANSWERED
- Are the antenna connections (A/B/ADS-B/GPS) identical between the PowerFLARM line and the LXNav PowerMouse? UNANSWERED
- Are the mounting holes identical between the Fusion and the Core? IT APPEARS SO.
- The overall dimensions appears to be identical between the new Fusion and the older Core. However, the LXNAV FLARM PowerMouse is 25%-40% smaller dimensionally and is 68% smaller in volume. JUST A COMMENT but these can be important considerations as we try to put 1000kg of stuff into a 100kg box (metric conversion applied).

My $0.02.

Thanks, John OHM
Old November 25th 20, 10:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard Pfiffner[_2_]

On Wednesday, November 25, 2020 at 10:11:40 AM UTC-8, John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net wrote:
[...]

Hassle-Free means your antennas except for the GPS antenna will be the same connectors. It comes with a GPS antenna with the correct connectors. If you want to use your old GPS antenna you would need an adapter.

Fusion CFG tool is an app on your phone or use the USB port as before.

No Trade in just an introductory price $1526 until 01/31/2021

Antenna connectors Flarm A, Flarm B, ADS-B, GPS for PowerMouse and Fusion are the same.

Mounting is the same as the PowerFlarm Core

Because of design and FCC certification issues:
PowerMouse does not provide warnings on ADS-B targets as LXNAV uses its own ADS-b Module. FCC certification for PowerMouse USA only transmits on Flarm A antenna, FCC certification PowerMouse USA does not have WIFI or Bluetooth.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com
Old November 27th 20, 05:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

On Friday, November 20, 2020 at 7:18:38 PM UTC-5, waremark wrote:
I normally use igc files from my LX9000 which don't work with that tool. The LX range analyser does not give me the individual antenna information. I just tried a file from my PF which did have readings from the two antennae - good news. Less good was that one seemed to have very poor range - I don't know which antenna that was. However, the CARP file analyser (Continuous Analyzer of Radio Performance - new to me, apparently accumulates range data from multiple flights) did not appear to find any data, and I had to use the 'Classic Analyser' although my firmware version was 6.82 and the website said CARP should work from 6.80 - so I was only seeing data from one flight, whereas what I got from the LX9000 appeared to be from multiple flights and just showed decent all round reception (minimum of 10k all round).

@waremark - a week ago, you said there did not appear to be any Continuous Range Analysis information in your .igc files. Did you activate the feature? Here's what I put in flarmcfg.txt (I comment it all so I have an idea of what is going on). Anything starting with # is a comment, starting with $ is an instruction to the FLARM.

###########
#Continuous Range Analysis
#must be turned on with reset command
#remove # to reset - load flarmcfg.txt to flarm
$PFLAN,S,RESET

If you leave your flarmcfg.txt file like this it resets the stats on every flight, so you have to make it a comment afterwards #$PFLAN,S,RESET then save flarmcfg.txt.

After putting flarmcfg.txt into my flarm, I move the file to a folder on the USB stick so I have it available and the FLARM doesn't 'see' it on following flights.

The information on this is from para 8.17 of FTD-012 Data Port Interface Control Document (ICD) 7.12 (not easily available I'll grant you).

Dan
2D