California Governor's Tour

Old October 2nd 03, 05:21 PM
Jim Weir

Default California Governor's Tour

PRESS RELEASE

RELEASE DATE: 02 October 03

GOVERNOR CANDIDATES TO DO STATEWIDE TOUR

(Amendment A 02 Oct 2003 09:02)

Twenty-plus candidates for Governor of California will be stopping in your
community on schedule in the next three days to meet you and discuss with you
our reasons for running for Governor.

Our reasons for running are many and diverse. We represent every political view
and every stripe of belief in the state. However, we have agreed as our first
order of business that we will treat each other with dignity and respect. We
may not agree with the other person's views, but we will defend to the death
their right to express it and we will listen politely to their reasoning.

We invite you and we ask that you invite your community to come meet us. We
only have a short time in your neighborhood, but we will give you straight and
honest answers to your questions. We do not come with a lot of hoopla or a
preset agenda.

While the Media Darlings are traveling in huge motorcoaches and jet aircraft, we
have chartered a red schoolbus. They will be staying in the Hyatt; you will
find us at night at Motel 6 or in the local KOA.

We have "full media" stops where we allow :45 for multiple media to interview
each candidate in depth. We have "whistle-prop" stops ( hearkening back to the
last century "whistle- stop" campaigns using airports instead of train stations)
where we allow :30 for the interviews.

I can assure you…we will give you an interview worth your time.

We will attempt to congregate somewhere in the vicinity of the passenger
terminal at the airport. If there is no passenger terminal, then somewhere in
the general area of the visiting aircraft parking ramp. There will be an
advance person in a Cessna 182 (N73CQ) arriving approximately a half-hour before
the tour bus to arrange for bus parking and a convenient area for interviews and
short statements of purpose. The Cessna will be flying the United States and
California flags from the propellor while parked.

Here is our itinerary…we hope to see you along the campaign trail:

************************************************** ************************

Friday (3 October):

Arrive Bakersfield Meadows Airport 1:30 (full media), depart 2:15

Arrive Delano Airport 2:45 (whistle-prop), depart 3:15

Arrive Tulare Airport 3:45 (whistle-prop), depart 4:15

Arrive Visalia Airport 4:45 (whistle-prop), depart 5:15

Arrive Fresno Yosemite Airport (full media) 5:45.

RON Fresno

Saturday:

Depart Fresno 0700

Arrive Merced Macready Airport 0800 (whistle-prop) 0800, depart 0830

Arrive Modesto Harry Sham Airport 0930 (whistle-prop), depart 1030

Arrive Stockton Metro Airport 1130 (full media), depart 1:30

Arrive Livermore Airport 2:30 (whistle-prop), depart 3:00

Arrive Hayward Airport 3:30 (whistle-prop), depart 4:00

Arrive Reid-Hillview Airport 4:30 (full media), depart 6:00

RON San Jose

Sunday

Depart San Jose 0800

Arrive Palo Alto Airport (whistle-prop) 0830; depart 0900

Arrive San Carlos Airport (whistle-prop) 0930; depart 10:00

Arrive Concord (Buchanan Field) (full media) 12:00; depart 1:30

Arrive Sacramento Executive Airport (whistle-prop) 3:00; depart 3:30

Arrive Capitol Park 4:00

RON Sacramento

http://www.rst-engr.com
Old October 2nd 03, 05:26 PM
Cecil E. Chapman

GO JIM!!!! :-) Good luck! ;-)

Good Flights!

Cecil E. Chapman, Jr.
PP-ASEL

"We who fly do so for the love of flying.
We are alive in the air with this miracle
that lies in our hands and beneath our feet"

- Cecil Day Lewis-

Check out my personal flying adventures: www.bayareapilot.com

Old October 2nd 03, 07:23 PM
Montblack

A whistle-prop tour ...I like it.

Give em heck Jim!!

--
Montblack

(snips from "Jim Weir" press release)

Old October 3rd 03, 02:23 AM
Bob Fry

Jim Weir writes:

but we will defend to the death
their right to express it

I doubt one person in 100,000 would actually do this. Certainly not
all 20 candidates on your tour.
Old October 3rd 03, 04:11 PM
Kyler Laird

A whistle-prop tour ...I like it.

So, Jim, are you taking advantage of that exception that allows Private
Pilots to be paid for transporting political candidates?

--kyler
Old October 3rd 03, 08:18 PM
Corrie

Oh, I dunno. I suspect at least one of the group would be capable of
shooting hecklers if sufficiently provked. ;-^

Old October 5th 03, 07:45 PM
Jim Weir

Um, no. I think my commercial ticket covers it.

Jim

Kyler Laird

-A whistle-prop tour ...I like it.
-

Old October 5th 03, 08:14 PM
Richard Riley

Jim, I just heard your 1 min message on KNX, it sounded terrific.

On Sun, 05 Oct 2003 11:45:56 -0700, Jim Weir wrote:

:Um, no. I think my commercial ticket covers it.
:
:Jim
:
:
:Kyler Laird
:shared these priceless pearls of wisdom:
:
:-A whistle-prop tour ...I like it.
:-
:-So, Jim, are you taking advantage of that exception that allows Private
:-Pilots to be paid for transporting political candidates?
:-
:---kyler
:
:Jim Weir (A&P/IA, CFI, & other good alphabet soup)
:VP Eng RST Pres. Cyberchapter EAA Tech. Counselor
:http://www.rst-engr.com

Old October 5th 03, 08:45 PM
Jim Weir

Great, Richard. Thanks for the tip about KNX. We northerners don't get much
word up past the Grapevine {;-)

Jim

Old October 6th 03, 02:12 PM
Kyler Laird

Jim Weir writes:

-So, Jim, are you taking advantage of that exception that allows Private
-Pilots to be paid for transporting political candidates?

Um, no. I think my commercial ticket covers it.

Oh?! What exactly is it that your Commercial Certificate covers?

--kyler