Looks like good weather for P-ville this week end!

Old May 17th 05, 07:04 AM
Roger

Default Looks like good weather for P-ville this week end!

The subject line pretty much says it all.
Last time I checked it looked like the scattered showers that had been
forecast have been replaced with partly cloudy to sunshine.

That is this week end, isn't it?

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com
Old May 18th 05, 12:46 AM
John Ousterhout

Roger wrote:
The subject line pretty much says it all.
Last time I checked it looked like the scattered showers that had been
forecast have been replaced with partly cloudy to sunshine.

That is this week end, isn't it?

Yep. This is the weekend for the rec.aviation Fly-In at Pinckneyville
-- previously known as the "VFR Not recommended Fly-In". Perhaps this
is the year that we'll fly instead of driving.

We hope to see you, and other friends we haven't met yet, there. We
also hope to see the usual gang of characters.

- John Ousterhout -
rec.aviation Fly-In at Pinckneyville 'unofficial' FAQ
http://www.ousterhout.net/pjy-faq.html

Old May 19th 05, 03:22 PM
Dave Hyde

John Ousterhout wrote...

We hope to see you, and other friends we haven't met yet, there. We
also hope to see the usual gang of characters.

I will not be able to make it this year I had tickets in hand
well in advance, but fate changed my plans. Y'all have fun and
be safe.

Dave '5 time PJY veteran' Hyde

Old May 21st 05, 03:18 AM
Rich Ahrens

Roger wrote:

The subject line pretty much says it all.
Last time I checked it looked like the scattered showers that had been
forecast have been replaced with partly cloudy to sunshine.

Well, it was a crappy day today, but I made it in from Minnesota anyway.
Tomorrow is supposed to be much nicer.

The big new feature this year is a commercial slushee machine, filled
with margarita makings.
Old May 23rd 05, 03:17 PM
Dave Hyde

Rich Ahrens wrote...

Well, it was a crappy day today, but I made it in from Minnesota anyway.
Tomorrow is supposed to be much nicer.

So how was it? I really hated to miss it, but had something else
that had to be attended to.

Dave 'everywhere at once' Hyde

Old May 23rd 05, 06:27 PM
Rich Ahrens

Dave Hyde wrote:

Rich Ahrens wrote...

Well, it was a crappy day today, but I made it in from Minnesota anyway.
Tomorrow is supposed to be much nicer.

So how was it? I really hated to miss it, but had something else
that had to be attended to.

A good time was had by all. Saturday cleared up nicely so a whole bunch
of locals dropped in, including a mixed flight of five Wacos and
Stearmans. Dr. Doug and Red showed up Friday in their Murphy Moose which
also doubled as their motel room.

By Sunday it was getting pretty sticky and hazy again so most of us were
gone by the time we finished lunch - the excellent leftover spareribs
and top sirloin from the night before. A big highlight of the
refreshments was a commercial slushy machine full of margaritas. No
aircraft damaged that I know of, only a couple injuries: a twisted ankle
and a bloody scalp wound thanks to a vicious 152 wingtip. Pretty decent
weekend. I'm sure Oysterhouse will have a more loquacious report as well
as lots of photos.
Old May 23rd 05, 11:23 PM
John Ousterhout

Rich Ahrens wrote:
I'm sure Oysterhouse will have a more loquacious report as well
as lots of photos.

Loquacious? Me?
Not this time.

Photos, yes.