Posting of Soaring-Related Ads

Old November 25th 05, 09:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Posting of Soaring-Related Ads

I don't claim to represent the entire rec.aviation.soaring readership,
but my 2 cents follows as regards what appears to be the majority
opinion based on the feedback posted on this topic awhile back. The
soaring community is populated by a relatively small group of
enthusiasts; perhaps even declining in numbers. I don't think we can
afford to make the few vendors in this sport shy about communicating
their products to this site. Personally, I'd rather know about the
availability about new products, reviews, commercial soaring
operations, resources and "unbiased" opinions from our soaring-related
businesses than be in the blind. After-all many of us use this
usergroup to sell our personal gliders and gadgets, so whay is that any

different? It's not as though the commercial guys have the option of
advertizing in the Sunday paper, and are they really getting rich off
us anyways? As with anything flying across as e-mails, we can chose to

ignore at will. I say let's support them as much as possible and help
ourselves and our sports at the same time.

Mike

Old November 27th 05, 12:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Mike,

You are correct in my book.

I enjoy reading information made available by these small group of vendors.
I can not say the same about many of the posts that appear on this group
page generally by the same group of people.

oups.com...