What's up with this group lately?

Old November 14th 06, 12:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Judah

Default What's up with this group lately?

Is it just me, or is there a full moon out or something?!?!

Between RADICALLY wild posts about gay marriage and nuking the Middle East,
and Belfort Instruments guy with more idiot posts in the last few days than
usual, I think there must be full moon out, and everyone is going looney.

Maybe it's the lousy weather and everyone is just ****ed off that they are
stuck inside.

I flew yesterday. Maybe I'll post about it.
Old November 14th 06, 12:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
B A R R Y[_2_]

Judah wrote:
Is it just me, or is there a full moon out or something?!?!

There actually was a full moon last week. G

FWIW, my other favorite groups have been a bit contentious, as well.
Old November 14th 06, 01:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Maybe it's the lousy weather and everyone is just ****ed off that they are
stuck inside.

Now that you mention it, conditions here are 1/4 mile with indefinite
ceiling, and our flight to the avionics shop today is cancelled.
So...here I am!

I've noticed that no matter what you post about lately, the
conversation eventually turns into "Bush is an idiot" and "the only
good Muslim is a dead Muslim". Thread drift lately is just crazy.

I've come up with a new theory about thread drift, BTW. Think about it
like a Quija board -- everything appears mystical and inexplicable, yet
results are related to what people are already thinking when they sit
down at the board. It's the same here.

For example, when Hotze and Borchardt sit down at their keyboard, they
may have just got through watching another European media attack on
President Bush and Americans -- so they like to throw in a few parting
shots at him and us, no matter *what* the thread is about.

Gary is hair-trigger loaded regarding the gay rights agenda -- so he
tends to head in that direction, regardless of topic. Several people
are worried about the election results, so off in that direction we go.

End result: A thread about getting thrown out of an FBO ends up
arguing about the homosexual agenda, and nuking the Middle East. A
writer couldn't dream up a plot as goofy as that, but there you have
it.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old November 14th 06, 01:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Lou

I'll give it a shot.

Old November 14th 06, 01:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kevin Clarke

I think they call it the internet. :^)

Weather here is very very socked in and has been that way since Sunday
morning. Not sure when it is going to clear.

KFIT 141252Z AUTO 34006KT 3SM BR OVC007 10/09 A2976 RMK AO2 RAB1155E50
SLP081 P0003 T01000089

At least the rain ended for now. It was actually worse yesterday. I
gotta get back up and finish up my IFR training. Check ride is coming up
pretty soon. I need about 8 more hours of actual or sim.

Last flight (KFIT-KSFZ-KSFM-KBHB-KFIT) took me to 168 hrs total
time. That is exactly 1 week in the air. :^) Between my UAL, AA and
private hours I figure I have lived a little over 4 mos of my life in
the air.

As for the loonies, it is the internet equivalent of street crazies. It
can draw a wry smile and a shake of the head but we all walk away saying
there but for the grace of God go I.

KC

Old November 14th 06, 01:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter R.

Jay Honeck wrote:

I've noticed that no matter what you post about lately, the
conversation eventually turns into "Bush is an idiot" and "the only
good Muslim is a dead Muslim". Thread drift lately is just crazy.

What, and you aren't guilty of seeding the threads to drift as they do?

--
Peter
Old November 14th 06, 02:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Burns[_1_]

Judah" wrote in messagesnip
Maybe it's the lousy weather and everyone is just ****ed off that they are
stuck inside.

Could be, I think it hit me earlier when the Direct TV guys rescheduled 7
times on me.

Jim

Old November 14th 06, 02:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Thomas Borchert

Judah,

I agree with your assessment (sp?). However, looking at how some people
even hijack this thread to insult group members while hiding behind
their "simple explanations of a plain guy" mask, I am clueless at an
explanation. Genocide and lynching is openly advocated here with only a
trace of opposition, personal if dyslexic attacks have become the norm.
Sad.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old November 14th 06, 02:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Judah

"Jay Honeck" wrote in
oups.com:

Now that you mention it, conditions here are 1/4 mile with indefinite
ceiling, and our flight to the avionics shop today is cancelled.
So...here I am!

See, now I have to write up my story about my flight yesterday. I'm hoping
it will move you to finish up your IFR!

I've noticed that no matter what you post about lately, the
conversation eventually turns into "Bush is an idiot" and "the only
good Muslim is a dead Muslim". Thread drift lately is just crazy.

We've always had thread drift in this group - including Bush beatings and
political and religious debate. It seems to have gotten much more viscious
and personal lately, though.

I've come up with a new theory about thread drift, BTW. Think about it
like a Quija board -- everything appears mystical and inexplicable, yet
results are related to what people are already thinking when they sit
down at the board. It's the same here.

Sounds like a Carl Jung theory... You should call it 'Usenet
Synchronicity'.
Old November 14th 06, 02:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter R.

Thomas Borchert wrote:

Genocide and lynching is openly advocated here with only a
trace of opposition

A lack of a response in this group does not always indicate an acceptance
of a presented view.

--
Peter