Repercussions for people outside New Orleans

Old September 7th 05, 08:13 PM
Gig 601XL Builder

"Matt Barrow" wrote in message

"Gig 601XL Builder" wr.giacona@coxDOTnet wrote in message
newsXETe.25182$7f5.5578@okepread01...

"Doof" wrote in message

"Gig 601XL Builder" wr.giacona@coxDOTnet wrote in message

By the time this case works its way to the Supreme Court, we'll be

awash
in cheap gasoline!

;-)

Better yet, require the money that would be paid as the Winfall
Profits
Tax be spent on new refining capability within the borders of the US.

I wonder what they EPA and the environazis would have to say about
that?

Hey, we'll build one in your neighborhood -- hey, no complaining, you
wanted more refining capacity.

You've heard of NIMBY, haven't you?

And people whine while the problem continues to exacerbate. Tough

**** --
you made your beds, now sleep in them.

As I said in a earlier post I'd be happy to have as many as you can build
here. There is already one slightly over a mile from where I live now and
another one about 17 miles away. We also have 2 chemical plants all fine
corporate citizens.

That smell you smell is the smell of jobs and money.

What say your neighbors?

Well the option hasn't come up but I don't hear anyone asking the ones that
are already hear to close down and the population as a whole including the
newspaper editorials seem to be unhappy when they do shut down units and
happy when they expand.

Old September 9th 05, 07:05 PM
John Gaquin

"Bob Noel" wrote in message

......Maybe I'm just being
cynical, but some lights around here (Burlington, Lexington) are just so
messed up that it couldn't possibly be just random.

They're probably not. There's one town around here (greater Boston) that I
drive through regularly that has signs posted "Signals timed to require
frequent stops".

Old September 10th 05, 01:01 AM
Big John

Jay

You got the Purple Grape full for a reserve?

Big John

Old September 10th 05, 01:14 AM
Big John

Mike

There hasn't been a grass roots refinery built in the Us in over 20
years. Environment, profit, etc., etc.

In the fuel chain, the refineries either ran at a break even or lost
money. Why would anyone spend a billion dollars to lose money?
Current run up in pricing lets refineries make money. The old time oil
interests however remember the boom-bust cycle in the business and I
doubt if any new refineries will be built in the US in the for seeable
future.

We'll just import out gasoline and other products and export our money
(

Big John
`````````````````````````````````````````````````` ``````````````````````

On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 23:00:46 GMT, "Mike Rapoport"
wrote:

HELLO!!! ARE YOU LISTENING JAY???

Where do you get this BS?

IT IS NOT IMPOSSIBLE TO BUILD NEW REFINERIES.

sorry for shouting.

Mike
MU-2

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
Us Gasoline supply has been cut by a third. My point is let the people in
the US reduce their consumption by a third. Price stays down, no one else
gets f****d up. As has been said in the thread, this was a problem
waiting to happen, the politicians knew about it, the local authorities
new about it and business knew about it but they ignored it.

Right, but what you fail to realize is that this is a SELF-IMPOSED
disaster, by well-meaning Americans who thought that they were helping the
world by making it impossible for oil companies to build any new
refineries.

The hurricane was inevitable; the consequences were not.

I suspect, given what you're saying, that you probably agreed with their
environmental approach. You probably cheered as, one by one, more and
more restrictive U.S. laws were passed, making it harder and harder for
suppliers to refine crude oil into gasoline. Until now.

Now that their short-sightedness is hurting everyone, badly --
worldwide -- maybe you'll realize just how much harm environmental
extremists have done.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old September 10th 05, 04:05 AM
Jay Honeck

You got the Purple Grape full for a reserve?

Nah, I'm waiting for gas to come back down. It's already dropped 40 cents a
gallon around here...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old September 10th 05, 04:43 AM
Roger

On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 14:05:02 -0400, "John Gaquin"
wrote:

"Bob Noel" wrote in message

......Maybe I'm just being
cynical, but some lights around here (Burlington, Lexington) are just so
messed up that it couldn't possibly be just random.

They're probably not. There's one town around here (greater Boston) that I
drive through regularly that has signs posted "Signals timed to require
frequent stops".

Boston. The only town where I've ever had a car pass me on the side
walk while I was waiting for a red light.

Here they try to time the lights so traffic flow is smooth when just
under the speed limit on the main roads/streets.
IE, you either keep it legal, drive like Hell, or run the stoplights.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

Roger
Old September 10th 05, 12:25 PM
Bob Noel

In article ,
"John Gaquin" wrote:

......Maybe I'm just being
cynical, but some lights around here (Burlington, Lexington) are just so
messed up that it couldn't possibly be just random.

They're probably not. There's one town around here (greater Boston) that I
drive through regularly that has signs posted "Signals timed to require
frequent stops".

Yep - I really hate that part of route 16.

--
Bob Noel
no one likes an educated mule

Old September 10th 05, 01:01 PM
Matt Whiting

wrote:

"Bob Noel" wrote in message

......Maybe I'm just being
cynical, but some lights around here (Burlington, Lexington) are just so
messed up that it couldn't possibly be just random.

They're probably not. There's one town around here (greater Boston) that I
drive through regularly that has signs posted "Signals timed to require
frequent stops".

Boston. The only town where I've ever had a car pass me on the side
walk while I was waiting for a red light.

You've obviously never driven in Italy or Russia. :-)

Matt