Wing Rigger in Cobra Drawer?

Old February 17th 14, 04:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Wing Rigger in Cobra Drawer?

Does anyone have experience of storing a Steve Koerner single seater Wing Rigger in a Cobra under-trailer drawer?

I am considering ordering one but would want to be sure that it fitted in the drawer. I know that the wing sleeve can be stored around the wing or that the whole thing could go in the front of the trailer but I've got the drawer and want to choose a solo rigging aid that will fit in it.

Thanks in advance,

John Galloway
Old February 17th 14, 10:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike the Strike

We have a Cobra trailer with drawer at El Tiro as well as several nearby Wing Riggers. Want us to take a look? Or you could always ask Steve Koerner - he may well be able to answer the question directly.

Mike

Old February 17th 14, 10:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Hartley Falbaum[_2_]

On Monday, February 17, 2014 11:10:12 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Does anyone have experience of storing a Steve Koerner single seater Wing Rigger in a Cobra under-trailer drawer?

I am considering ordering one but would want to be sure that it fitted in the drawer. I know that the wing sleeve can be stored around the wing or that the whole thing could go in the front of the trailer but I've got the drawer and want to choose a solo rigging aid that will fit in it.

Thanks in advance,

John Galloway

It fits nicely in mine, but you must put it in "just right". I put rubber door stop tips over the axle ends so they don't poke a hole in the fiberglass drawer.
Old February 18th 14, 09:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Thanks Mike and Hartley. I asked Steve some months ago but he didn't have access to a Cobra drawer to try. I have had a couple of private replies - one from an ASH31 owner whose Wing Rigger definitely doesn't fit in the drawer so I have decided to buy one that is more compact when broken down.

John
Old February 18th 14, 03:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Hi, just a small tidbit you may or may not be aware of: the drawers under the cobra trailers are indeed handy, but they're not perfectly sealed.

Expect anything left in that drawer to be exposed to the elements/road grime/dirt/debris/etc.

I highly recommend Steve's Wingrigger (use one myself), but would never keep the saddle in the drawer.

Good luck,
Britton
Old February 18th 14, 11:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I have two sailplanes with Cobra trailers and drawers. I use the Cobra single man rig system for both. The system breaks down completely and fits inside the drawer just fine.
Old March 28th 14, 11:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brian Bair

be stored around the wing