Uvalde 1st contest day 8-11-04 #711 reporting

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 12th 04, 03:55 PM
TomnKeyLargo

Default Uvalde 1st contest day 8-11-04 #711 reporting

We launched, we flew, it was good. Late afternoon bases above 8,000 msl. Open
Class HW wins, DB 2ond, AS 3rd. 18 Meter, RW wins, F8 2ond, SF 3rd. Folks, I
got to launch twice yesterday. The tow pilot was new, and he went straight up
on me on takeoff, I started to dangle, and whew, I released as I was stalling.
I had enought alitude to pull landing flap which helped me nose over and then
barely got the nose up before a tera firma landing. I had the 27 at 1102 lbs.
and even spoke with the tow pilot on the radio before accepting launch. He had
a problem going slow with another just before me. Thats close, and all I will
say is keep your thoughts together before you fly. A course of action, its a
good idea and I had preped myself for it.We had 9 relights in the 18 meter. We
had several landouts yesterday including P7, DJ, FS ,5A and several others. In
the back of the second turn it got dark and it gulped you down. Pilots meeting
in a few minutes. The point spread in the 18 meter for the top 25 or so is
close as most flew under min time of 3 hrs, and most went 200 to 205. Thermal
tight, Soar high, Fly safe. # 711 thanks God hes still here.