Bose Aviation-X Headset Update

Old January 24th 06, 03:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Bose Aviation-X Headset Update

[the BOSE is] freakin' fantastic, and it's worth the $900 and something bucks!
My old set is a DC 13-44S. [...]
While installing an ANR kit into a DC headset might be cheaper,

You are going from a passive headset to an ANR headset? If so, the
praise belongs more to ANR than to BOSE, IMHO, though I will concur that
the clamping is less with headsets that provide low passive reduction.

Jose

Old January 24th 06, 01:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Jose wrote:
[the BOSE is] freakin' fantastic, and it's worth the $900 and
something bucks! My old set is a DC 13-44S. [...]
While installing an ANR kit into a DC headset might be cheaper,

You are going from a passive headset to an ANR headset?

Own, yes.

Use, no.

I have plenty of time under other ANR sets. The Bose just feels far
better on my melon head.

Barry
Old January 24th 06, 02:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Jose wrote:

If so, the
praise belongs more to ANR than to BOSE, IMHO, though I will concur that
the clamping is less with headsets that provide low passive reduction.

IMO, it's not just the ANR capabilities of the Bose, it is also the
comfort. But I certainly agree that one man's comfort is another man's
pain, thanks to varied head sizes, so comfort is very subjective.

I have about 500 hours with my Bose Aviation X, including a thirteen hour
trip across the US (NY to CA), and I am still very happy with the headsets.
No problems at all except for worn ear pads.

This contrasts starkly with my experience in owning a Lightspeed headset,
but no need to walk down that path again.

--
Peter
Old January 24th 06, 03:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Jose wrote:

[the BOSE is] freakin' fantastic, and it's worth the $900 and
something bucks! My old set is a DC 13-44S. [...]
While installing an ANR kit into a DC headset might be cheaper,

You are going from a passive headset to an ANR headset? If so, the
praise belongs more to ANR than to BOSE, IMHO,

No it doesn't. I've had the DC head vices, what crap. Yeah you can
drive over them but they're still crap for a headset. I've had three
generations of Lightspeed headsets. Light years better than the DC.
Now I have the Bose. No contest. Get the Bose.
Old January 24th 06, 03:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Jose wrote:

If so, the
praise belongs more to ANR than to BOSE, IMHO, though I will concur that
the clamping is less with headsets that provide low passive reduction.

I tried every ANR headset at Sun'n Fun one year. I actually bought two
Sennheiser sets based on that research. After a few months, I tossed them in the
corner and bought Bose. They're worth the extra bucks, IMO.

George Patterson
Coffee is only a way of stealing time that should by rights belong to
your slightly older self.
Old January 24th 06, 08:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

George,

They're worth the extra bucks, IMO.

Of course that's your opinion - you shelled them bucks out, after all
;-)

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Airmens' Freedoms Threatened by Harsh Congressional Proposals Larry Dighera Piloting 24 July 29th 05 06:15 PM
Bose Headset [email protected] Owning 0 March 24th 05 07:01 PM
the "NEW" BOSE HEADSET Richard Muin Products 3 January 14th 04 08:12 PM
Associate Publisher Wanted - Aviation & Business Journals Mergatroide Aviation Marketplace 1 January 13th 04 08:26 PM