Hey Jay ...SX300 ???

Old November 13th 10, 01:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Hey Jay ...SX300 ???

Is this the SX 300 you flew in when you were back in IA ?

http://www.faa.gov/data_research/acc...dia/02_3ZX.txt

Ben
www.haaspowerair.com
Old November 13th 10, 06:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_13_]

On Nov 12, 7:22*pm, " wrote:
Is this the SX 300 you flew in when you were back in IA ?

http://www.faa.gov/data_research/acc...iminary_data/e...

Benwww.haaspowerair.com

Nope. One just like it, though.

Boy, these guys are taking a terrible hit these last couple of weeks.
Lost a Glassair III en route to a fly-in of air racers in Iowa City
last week, too.
--
Jay Honeck
Port Aransas, TX
Old November 13th 10, 04:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Orval Fairbairn[_2_]

In article
,
Jay Honeck wrote:

On Nov 12, 7:22*pm, " wrote:
Is this the SX 300 you flew in when you were back in IA ?

http://www.faa.gov/data_research/acc...iminary_data/e...

Benwww.haaspowerair.com

Nope. One just like it, though.

Boy, these guys are taking a terrible hit these last couple of weeks.
Lost a Glassair III en route to a fly-in of air racers in Iowa City
last week, too.
--
Jay Honeck
Port Aransas, TX
Pathfinder N56993

The Glasair was a beloved couple from Spruce Creek. I looked at the
national weather last night -- all of Iowa was one big storm, with snow
& ice in part of it.

I don't think an SX-300 would carry very much ice before you got into
deep trouble -- likewise, a Glasair III.
Old November 13th 10, 08:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Nov 13, 9:48*am, Orval Fairbairn
wrote:
In article
,
*Jay Honeck wrote:

On Nov 12, 7:22*pm, " wrote:
Is this the SX 300 you flew in when you were back in IA ?

http://www.faa.gov/data_research/acc...iminary_data/e....

Benwww.haaspowerair.com

Nope. * One just like it, though.

Boy, these guys are taking a terrible hit these last couple of weeks.
Lost a Glassair III en route to a fly-in of air racers in Iowa City
last week, too.
--
Jay Honeck
Port Aransas, TX
Pathfinder N56993

The Glasair was a beloved couple from Spruce Creek. I looked at the
national weather last night -- all of Iowa was one big storm, with snow
& ice in part of it.

I don't think an SX-300 would carry very much ice before you got into
deep trouble -- likewise, a Glasair III.- Hide quoted text -

Orval, I know all you guys down at Spruce Creek are close. Sorry for
your loss.

I agree the Glasair, SX 300 and all the other "slippery" planes have a
low tolerance for any kind of build up on the wing surface.

Ben
www.haaspowerair.com
Old November 15th 10, 06:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Orval Fairbairn[_2_]

In article
,
" wrote:

On Nov 13, 9:48*am, Orval Fairbairn
wrote:
In article
,
*Jay Honeck wrote:

On Nov 12, 7:22*pm, " wrote:
[...]

Thanks, Ben.

Apparently, the bad wx moved in later in the day, so the accident was
Friday morning, in clear wx. The accident has the SX guys spooked, as
they don't know if it was an airframe failure, incapacitation or a bird
strike.

The rumor has it that he went straight in at about 300 kt.
Old November 16th 10, 04:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_13_]

On Nov 15, 12:17*pm, Orval Fairbairn
wrote:
In article
,

" wrote:
On Nov 13, 9:48 am, Orval Fairbairn
wrote:
In article
,
Jay Honeck wrote:

On Nov 12, 7:22 pm, " wrote:
[...]

Any word on what happened with the guy he was flying loose formation
with? Did he see anything?
--
Jay Honeck
Port Aransas, TX
Old November 16th 10, 04:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Orval Fairbairn[_2_]

In article
,
Jay Honeck wrote:

On Nov 15, 12:17*pm, Orval Fairbairn
wrote:
In article
,

" wrote:
On Nov 13, 9:48 am, Orval Fairbairn
wrote:
In article
,
Jay Honeck wrote:

On Nov 12, 7:22 pm, " wrote:
[...]

I haven't heard.
Old November 16th 10, 03:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ari Silverstein

On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 12:48:16 -0400, Orval Fairbairn wrote:

The Glasair was a beloved couple from Spruce Creek. I looked at the
national weather last night -- all of Iowa was one big storm, with snow
& ice in part of it.

http://www.news-journalonline.com/news/local/east-volusia/2010/11/07/aviator-community-mourns-loss.html

or

http://preview.tinyurl.com/2ep9mwl

Shelbyville is Middle TN (not SE) as I have flown into there and
Lewisburg (Marshall County) many times. Coming over Alabama into TN is
the smallest slip of the NE corner of AL and this area is hilly and
mountainous.

R.I.P.
Old November 18th 10, 07:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dave Doe

In article 1cae999c-6438-4ae0-95a7-
, , benford2
@aol.com says...

Is this the SX 300 you flew in when you were back in IA ?

http://www.faa.gov/data_research/acc...dia/02_3ZX.txt

Ben
www.haaspowerair.com

Hey with all due respect mate - do yourself a favour. Either stop
promoting your site, or get the site done by a pro. That's horrible!

--
Duncan.
Old November 19th 10, 12:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Nov 18, 12:49*am, Dave Doe wrote:
In article 1cae999c-6438-4ae0-95a7-
, , benford2
@aol.com says...

Is this the SX 300 you flew in when you were back in IA ?

http://www.faa.gov/data_research/acc...iminary_data/e...

Ben
www.haaspowerair.com

Hey with all due respect mate - do yourself a favour. *Either stop
promoting your site, or get the site done by a pro. *That's horrible!

--
Duncan.

You might be right...... I spend all my money on the motor project. I
am somewhat successful though... You looked at it . GG